Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge Various DWF's

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
MB-CAD
480 Views, 16 Replies

Merge Various DWF's

Is there any Autodesk product available that will merge DWF's? I want to merge a DWF of a Word document and same drawings I DWF'd.

Thanks
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: MB-CAD

Not yet, it probably won't be from Autodesk, and it definitely won't be free. The people that create Acroplot are working on it for their product, if you want to explore one product. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous

From the Autodesk DWF SDK. It is from autodesk and it is free.

-Kevin Schneider

Dean Saadallah wrote:
> Not yet, it probably won't be from Autodesk, and it definitely won't be
> free. The people that create Acroplot are working on it for their product,
> if you want to explore one product.
>
Attachment not added (too large): "Merge DWF Files.zip"
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous

There you go! -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 5 of 17
MB-CAD

can you post the file in the customer files group please?
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous

Kevin: I just tried to run MergeFiles. The first time through it extracted the dll files and now it looks great. I also created 3 files using the new DWF Writer. These preview and print nicely. However, when I select Add File, choose one of these files and press Open, nothing gets added to the list hence I have nothing to merge. Am I missing something? Richard Kevin Schneider (Autodesk, Inc.) wrote: > From the Autodesk DWF SDK. It is from autodesk and it is free. > > -Kevin Schneider > > Dean Saadallah wrote: > >> Not yet, it probably won't be from Autodesk, and it definitely won't be >> free. The people that create Acroplot are working on it for their >> product, >> if you want to explore one product. >>
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous

'Autodesk DWF Composer' is currently in development and will allow you to build multi-page DWFs. It will not be a free application but it will contain markup functions as well. I'm the beta program manager for the application. If you'd like to be a part of the beta send me an email with your name, company name, and contact information including email. I'll be sending out invitations in February. Tom Connard Beta Program Manager Autodesk Collaboration Services tom.connard@autodesk.com "MB-CAD" wrote in message news:4557413.1073483370241.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > Is there any Autodesk product available that will merge DWF's? I want to merge a DWF of a Word document and same drawings I DWF'd. > > Thanks
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous

Pretend that the files were added and that you just can't see them. I think you will find that it actually creates the merged file. I had this happen but it did create the merged files. I would play with a recompile but can't find my MSDN CD that has the missing Unicode dlls needed to compile. (Doh!) Richard Hinterhoeller wrote: > Kevin: > > I just tried to run MergeFiles. The first time through it extracted > the dll files and now it looks great. > > I also created 3 files using the new DWF Writer. These preview and > print nicely. > > However, when I select Add File, choose one of these files and press > Open, nothing gets added to the list hence I have nothing to merge. > > Am I missing something? > > Richard
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous

Charles: I just tried it but after adding 3 files Merge button remains disabled :-( Richard Charles Bliss wrote: > Pretend that the files were added and that you just can't see them. I > think you will find that it actually creates the merged file. I had > this happen but it did create the merged files. I would play with a > recompile but can't find my MSDN CD that has the missing Unicode dlls > needed to compile. (Doh!) > > Richard Hinterhoeller wrote:
Message 10 of 17
Anonymous

try dragging and dropping to the text box... Richard Hinterhoeller wrote: > Charles: > > I just tried it but after adding 3 files Merge button remains disabled :-( > > Richard > > Charles Bliss wrote: > >> Pretend that the files were added and that you just can't see them. I >> think you will find that it actually creates the merged file. I had >> this happen but it did create the merged files. I would play with a >> recompile but can't find my MSDN CD that has the missing Unicode dlls >> needed to compile. (Doh!) >> >> Richard Hinterhoeller wrote: > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ >
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous

Thank you Kevin. That worked 😉 (If only I knew the emoticon for a touch-down dance). I did notice the attached error message. It didn't affect the outcome but I thought I'd share the feedback. Richard Kevin Schneider (Autodesk, Inc.) wrote: > try dragging and dropping to the text box...
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous

This just means that MergeFiles won't allow you to "demote" a DWF 6 to the DWF 5.5 format. jr "Richard Hinterhoeller" wrote in message news:4000445e_3@statler... > Thank you Kevin. That worked 😉 (If only I knew the emoticon for a > touch-down dance). > > I did notice the attached error message. It didn't affect the outcome > but I thought I'd share the feedback. > > Richard > > > Kevin Schneider (Autodesk, Inc.) wrote: > > try dragging and dropping to the text box... > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous

I've found the DWF SDK and the MergeFiles program seems to be a dos type program running at the command line with switches etc. What am I missing? Is there a Windows executable ? Smokey "Jeffrey Klug (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:4000a516$1_1@statler... > This just means that MergeFiles won't allow you to "demote" a DWF 6 to the > DWF 5.5 format. > > jr > > "Richard Hinterhoeller" wrote in message > news:4000445e_3@statler... > > Thank you Kevin. That worked 😉 (If only I knew the emoticon for a > > touch-down dance). > > > > I did notice the attached error message. It didn't affect the outcome > > but I thought I'd share the feedback. > > > > Richard > > > > > > Kevin Schneider (Autodesk, Inc.) wrote: > > > try dragging and dropping to the text box... > > > > > -------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- > ---- > > > > >
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous

The DWF 6 SDK MergeFiles sample is a windows application. MergeDWF is a command line application. Which one are you referring to? "Smokey Stephens" wrote in message news:40043cf3$1_2@statler... > I've found the DWF SDK and the MergeFiles program seems to be a dos type > program running at the command line with switches etc. > > What am I missing? Is there a Windows executable ? > > > Smokey > > "Jeffrey Klug (Autodesk)" wrote in > message news:4000a516$1_1@statler... > > This just means that MergeFiles won't allow you to "demote" a DWF 6 to the > > DWF 5.5 format. > > > > jr > > > > "Richard Hinterhoeller" wrote in message > > news:4000445e_3@statler... > > > Thank you Kevin. That worked 😉 (If only I knew the emoticon for a > > > touch-down dance). > > > > > > I did notice the attached error message. It didn't affect the outcome > > > but I thought I'd share the feedback. > > > > > > Richard > > > > > > > > > Kevin Schneider (Autodesk, Inc.) wrote: > > > > try dragging and dropping to the text box... > > > > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------------------------------- > -- > > ---- > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous

OK I'm catching on. I've found MergeFiles files in the samples directory under temp but how do I find the executable? Is there an install routine or? I'm still missing something here. But I can learn. Thanks for your patients Smokey "Jeffrey Klug (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:4005dae0$1_1@statler... > The DWF 6 SDK MergeFiles sample is a windows application. MergeDWF is a > command line application. Which one are you referring to? > > "Smokey Stephens" wrote in message > news:40043cf3$1_2@statler... > > I've found the DWF SDK and the MergeFiles program seems to be a dos type > > program running at the command line with switches etc. > > > > What am I missing? Is there a Windows executable ? > > > > > > Smokey > > > > "Jeffrey Klug (Autodesk)" wrote in > > message news:4000a516$1_1@statler... > > > This just means that MergeFiles won't allow you to "demote" a DWF 6 to > the > > > DWF 5.5 format. > > > > > > jr > > > > > > "Richard Hinterhoeller" wrote in > message > > > news:4000445e_3@statler... > > > > Thank you Kevin. That worked 😉 (If only I knew the emoticon for a > > > > touch-down dance). > > > > > > > > I did notice the attached error message. It didn't affect the outcome > > > > but I thought I'd share the feedback. > > > > > > > > Richard > > > > > > > > > > > > Kevin Schneider (Autodesk, Inc.) wrote: > > > > > try dragging and dropping to the text box... > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------------------------------- > > -- > > > ---- > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous

The SDK is for developers who have the Microsoft compiler and can generate the executable from the source. I think someone on this newsgroup compiled the application and placed it somewhere for downloading. "Smokey Stephens" wrote in message news:4006db58_3@statler... > OK I'm catching on. > > I've found MergeFiles files in the samples directory under temp but how do I > find the executable? Is there an install routine or? I'm still missing > something here. But I can learn. > Thanks for your patients > Smokey
Message 17 of 17
Anonymous

That would explain a lot. I hope someone can e-mail it to me or put it in the autodesk.autocad.customer-files newsgroup Thanks Smokey "Scott Sheppard" wrote in message news:4006e37c_3@statler... > The SDK is for developers who have the Microsoft compiler and can generate > the executable from the source. I think someone on this newsgroup compiled > the application and placed it somewhere for downloading. > > "Smokey Stephens" wrote in message > news:4006db58_3@statler... > > OK I'm catching on. > > > > I've found MergeFiles files in the samples directory under temp but how do > I > > find the executable? Is there an install routine or? I'm still missing > > something here. But I can learn. > > Thanks for your patients > > Smokey > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services