Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in publishing DWG file to DWF

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
278 Views, 2 Replies

Error in publishing DWG file to DWF

Hi We buy DWF Composer to be able to make markup on DWG file in Autocad 2005 Format. With DWG Viewer, we find that we can publish drawing in DWF format to be able to make markup in DWF Composer. When we try to publish a drawing (conversion), we receive this error "ERROR: Layer not initialized" and the file is not publish. Why ? Thanks. Pascal H.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

A DWF is like an electronic plot. It takes the settings from your layouts, as intended for a piece of paper, and captures all of that in the DWF file. An unitialized layer means that you need to make sure your layouts have been mapped to a specific printer. I know you may never have any intention of printing from AutoCAD, but the DWF file will be constructed so that it looks like what the layout would have looked like if it had been printed to the device. "Pascal Hudon" wrote in message news:4214109d_3@newsprd01... > Hi > > We buy DWF Composer to be able to make markup on DWG file in Autocad 2005 > Format. With DWG Viewer, we find that we can publish drawing in DWF format > to be able to make markup in DWF Composer. > > When we try to publish a drawing (conversion), we receive this error "ERROR: > Layer not initialized" and the file is not publish. Why ? > > Thanks. > > Pascal H. > >
Message 3 of 3
muse95
in reply to: Anonymous

I have this same problem, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to initialize the layout. The help file is horrible, and every time I try to define something in the page setup manager it doesn't seem to save it, or make any difference. I need specifics on how to initialize the layout.

I don't have a good understanding of things like the "model" tab or the Layout tab. We have been using AutoCADLT for years, and do printed circuit board layouts. We do not use a lot of the fancier features of ACAD, and never use anything 3D. We only bought the Composer pkg because the server with LT is about to die, and when it does we lose our licenses. We are using a different CAD pkg for our DWG's now but need the ability to generate DWF's with layer info, since the free DWF writers don't include it, and the CAD pkg we are using doesn't generate DWF's.

Where can I find specific step by step help to initialize the layout???

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services