Did you mean: 

DWF writer in Windows Vista

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ardmeijer
1188 Views, 4 Replies

DWF writer in Windows Vista

Help!

I am trying to create a 3d DWF from a Rhinoceros 3dm file, but when installing the Autodesk DWF writer  I keep getting the greyed-out installation options screen, in which only the "2D DWF writer" option is checked. In a former topic (september 2009) I saw that back then Windows Vista was not supported by the DWF writer software. It seems hard to believe that is still the case. The readme file for DWF writer says Vista SP1 and higher is supported indeed...

System environment: Windows Vista Bussiness SP2 (32-bit), Autodesk Design Review 2011 installed, Autodesk AutoCAD LT2009 installed.

What is going wrong here? Any ideas?

Ard Meijer (meijer.ard@gmail.com)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dickyshu
in reply to: ardmeijer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question.

You need to install below programs at first so that it can use DWF Wirter for 3D:

• Bentley MicroStation® V8 2004 Edition
  • ESRI ArcGIS®—ArcInfo® 9
  • Solid Edge version 18, 19
  • UG NX 3,4

Regards,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu

SQA Engineer

DWF Writer Customer Support

Autodesk

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
ardmeijer
in reply to: dickyshu

Hello Dicky,

Thanks for your reply, but I'm not sure I understand it... Why do I need to install (means purchase) a whole range of alternative 3D modelling programs in order to create a DWF file from a 3DM (Rhinoceros) file? The Autodesk DWF-writer description clearly states that it is a stand alone DWF writer solution which can convert all file types (of which the native program uses OpenGL, as Rhino does) to DWF...

Ard Meijer

Message 4 of 5
dickyshu
in reply to: ardmeijer

Hi,

Thank you for your attention on DWF Writer.

We can understand the requirement from you, you want to use DWF Writer for 3D on those native programs use OpenGL.

However, we only have these programs(which list in my first reply) certified to publish 3d DWF file, so I am afraid you cannot use other uncertified programs to work with it, they were not developped/tested by our engineers so that we blocked the installation of them.

Regards,

-Dicky

Dicky Shu

SQA Engineer

DWF Writer Customer Support

Autodesk

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
ardmeijer
in reply to: dickyshu

Hello Dicky,

That's a pity... But thanks for your quick response.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services