Did you mean: 

DWF(X) conversion to ASE or 3DS

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2751 Views, 5 Replies

DWF(X) conversion to ASE or 3DS

Hello!

I have a bunch of DWFX files (count ~1000) with 3D content , that I need to display in web browser + allow user to interact with it: allow to turn and zoom content. 

I know, that Autodesk Design Review contain IE plugin, that can do the same, but my customer want to have a lightweight tool, that can work without ADR.

I found some 3D-engines, that can help me (like Balder or Silvermotion for SL, or Unity 3D), but they work with other 3D file formats (like ASE or 3DS). I need some server-side automated conversion tool (for example, DWFX->3DS).

So, how can I convert my DWFX files to ASE or 3DS? Is there any tools, that can help to do it?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Liust
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you for your question.

I cannot find the tool that can convert DWFx file to ASE or 3DS.

-Sting
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

So, may be any other ways like DWF to FBX to 3DS ?

Message 4 of 6
ordodyg

If your client wants lightweight, how about 0 weight? Have you looked at Freewheel, our zero client DWF viewer?

http://freewheel.autodesk.com or http://freewheel.labs.autodesk.com

No clients, no installs, no conversions.

Cheers,

Gyuri Ordody

Autodesk Labs

Cheers,
Gyuri Ordody
Autodesk Labs
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ordodyg

ordodyg, thanks for the reply!

I saw freewheel project - it's looks like a right way!  

But is it secure? I mean, that any materials, that I uploaded to your service, will not be available to any other?

Message 6 of 6
ordodyg

As far as security goes, it's no less secure than email.

To go a little deeper: You can either upload files or refer to files that reside on your servers. For both cases Freewheel will cache the files for around 3 months and refer to them using a URL that is pretty long and pretty random - it cannot be guessed.

This is where the email part comes in: if you share the files (or the links to the service that displays the files) via email, if that email gets out, the file will be accessible to the party who got the email.

On the other hand the one document - one URL method is pretty widely used (flickr, picasa, youtube, etc.) and seems to provide adequate security with a high level of usability.

You should probalby give it a try and see if it works for you.

Cheers,

Gyuri Ordody

Autodesk Labs

Cheers,
Gyuri Ordody
Autodesk Labs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services