Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF Error with Custom Plot Scale

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
209 Views, 6 Replies

DWF Error with Custom Plot Scale

Recently while trying to create a multi-sheet dwf file we experienced problems trying to publish a dwf file containing layouts which we had successfully published on their own in the past. The log file contained the following errors
1. "Error setting plot scale", and
2. "Layout properties error"

After pulling our hair out trying to trace the difference between the layout which triggered the error and the others we realised that the only difference was that the plot scale was entered manually as a custom scale rather than one of the standard scales from the pull down menu. When this item was changed the DWF file plotted successfully.
We have since then confirmed that both AutoCAD 2004 and LT 2004 are unable to publish layouts with custom plot scales. This was not an issue with our previous version of AutoCAD 2002
Is this a known problem? Is there a way to work around this?

Our office uses AutoCAD 2004 on Windows XP (SP2) work stations managed by a license manager, in addition to a few stand alone LT 2004 installations

Ian Nicholls
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This appears to be a problem with AutoCAD, can you post your issue on the AutoCAD newsgroup? -- John Schmier Autodesk DWF QA
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I first posted this on the AutoCAD newsgroup and I was advised to post on the DWF newsgroup....

Ian Nicholls
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

I found your post in the AutoCAD.2004 newsgroup and unfortunately Walt was incorrect. The problem is with the publishing application and not the viewing application. I've sent your issue onto some folks internally to see if they may have a idea of what is going on. -- John Schmier Autodesk DWF QA
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks John...After selling the idea of DWF files, I would hate to have to back track because I can't publish a 1:25 scale drawing 🙂

Ian
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

John,

Any news from the "internal folks" on the resolution of this problem ?

Ian Nicholls
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Nope, I punted it around to a few folks and they didn't get back to me. Perhaps you can re-tickle the thread in the AutoCAD newsgroup? -- John Schmier Autodesk DWF QA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services