Did you mean: 

Any chance to see DWFToolkit for iOS?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tony
1233 Views, 4 Replies

Any chance to see DWFToolkit for iOS?

Hello,

I've been trying hard to adapt this toolkit for the SDK iOS but with no success. Is AutoDesk planning to release an update that would make life easier for iOS developers?

I know some online solutions exist in order to render DWF files on iOS devices but they do it only online... and it is a problem when you use an iPad with no Internet connection...

Any hints or links would be appreciated...

T

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: tony

I'd be very surprised if their big push to the cloud will make your wish possible: widespread WiFi / 4G will likely be more of a reality earlier is my bet.

Message 3 of 5
tony
in reply to: pendean

I understand that strategy but it is very frustrating as work to be done in order to update DWFToolkit is probably minor.

In some countries and in particular cases, you have no network down the compound of a house being build... not to mention that it might be in the middle of nowhere (most of my clients face this situation). And getting a poor GPRS signal (9.6k/s) is not going to help when you try to display a 1.4MB DWF file that needs to be downloaded from any cloud.

I spent hours if not days with this issue and if I get no solution from Autodesk or whoever, I'll simply drop the support for DWF and will force PDF use.

Thanks anyway for your feedback.

Message 4 of 5
pendean

Sadly, I don't think rural or non-industrial regions of the world figure into the "cutting edge" direction that software in general is headed, namely, cloud-based vs. locallly installed apps.

Very sad indeed, but this seems to be trend that is growing everywhere.

PDF remains universal and universally accepted and the better approach IMHO. Until it moves to the cloud too.

Message 5 of 5
geotavros

It actually works on iOS. But you'll have to setup project files correctly and make some minor changes to the source code. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services