Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"File Save Failed"

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cafferty
1819 Views, 4 Replies

"File Save Failed"

I am using the 2010 Autodesk DWF Viewer to mark up a set of plans and when I attempt to save my changes, I continually get an error message that stated "FIle Save Failed"

I've done everything I know to attempt to resolve this, but have failed miserably....and need help.

Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks.

wcaff@acehardware.com
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SilviaCao
in reply to: cafferty

Thank you for your question.
I don't see this error when I using the 2010 Autodesk DWF Viewer to mark up a set of plans and save my changes. Therefore, please provide me more information.
1. Does only the DWF/DWFx file which you are seeing the error cannot be saved with markups? Or, do all of your DWF/DWFx files with markups have the same problem?
2. Please upload here an example DWF/DWFx file for which you find this problem and post back with the link for me to investigate.
3. What is an example of the file name and file path for which you have a problem saving? Perhaps the file is on a network server? If so, please check if you have "write" permission to save files to that folder.
4. If all else fails then you can also try to reinstall your 2010 Autodesk DWF Viewer and try again.
Silvia

Silvia Cao
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
cafferty

Thanks Silvia.

I have solved my problem.

Greatly appreciate your response.

Bill
Message 4 of 5
cafferty

Silvia -

It's doing it again. After adding several markups and saving OK, all it once, it won't save..and get the "File Save Failed" message. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the program. It still won't save. I've attached the file.

Thanks for whatever you can do to help.
Message 5 of 5
SilviaCao

I cannot reproduce the issue with the attached DWF file in Autodesk Design Review (ADR) 2010 and 2011. I would like to know:
1. Whether this issue can happen on all of your DWF/x files?
2. Please open a DWF file without markup in ADR and save it as new file without markup. Whether 'File Save Failed' message can pop up?
3. Please upgrade to ADR 2011 and try again.
-Silvia

DWF/ADR Product Support

Silvia Cao
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report