Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

previous view button returns unspecified error

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
ca1354
567 Views, 16 Replies

previous view button returns unspecified error

we utilize embedded links within our very complex network diagrams. this allows the user to display top level views with the option of drilling down into related diagrams containing greater detail. some go several layers deep. all are .dwf formated diagrams. after drilling into the linked detail diagrams, the user is unable to return to the previous view by using the previous view button on the tool bar in autodesk express viewer 4. the view must be refreashed by the browser and the user is returned to the top level diagram. the eorror message is "Unspecified error
[.\AdPage.cpp : CAdPage::Execute : 903]".

the back button on the browser returns the user all the way back to first page accessed by the browser during the current session. we previously used whip4 and voloview express 2.01 with no difficulty. is there a fix for this problem?

carolyn
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
detlev
in reply to: ca1354

Wir schlagen uns wohl mit dem selben Problem herum !

Die Mehrzahl von DWF-Dateien (zumeist Landschaftspläne), die wir auf unserer Website (www.kostka-regioplan.de)präsentieren und mit dem "AutoCAD-Whip!-Plugin" bestens dargestellt wurden, werden mit dem neuen "Express-Viewer" ebenfalls mit der Meldung :" Unbekannter Fehler [.\AdPage.cpp : CAdPage::Execute : 903] "
quitiert und nach der Bestätigung per Button nur noch mangelhaft dargestellt.
Der "Express-Viewer" ist zwar ein optisch ansprechendes Tool - jedoch nicht verbessert in der Funktionsweise gegenüber dem "AutoCAD-Whip!-Plugin" !

Detlev
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous

Google translates this as....

We probably strike ourselves with the same problem
around!  The majority of DWF files (mostly landscape plans), which we on
our Website (www.kostka to regioplan.de)
presenting and with the "AutoCAD Whip! Plugin" were represented in the best way,
become with the new "express Viewer" likewise with the message: "  Unknown
quantity error [ \AdPage.cpp:  CAdPage::Execute:  903] "quitiert and
after the confirmation by Button only unsatisfactorily represented.  The
"express Viewer" is an optically responding Tool - however does not improve in
the function mode opposite the "AutoCAD Whip! Plugin"! 

Detlev

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Wir
schlagen uns wohl mit dem selben Problem herum !

Die Mehrzahl von DWF-Dateien (zumeist Landschaftspläne), die wir auf
unserer Website (www.kostka-regioplan.de)präsentieren und mit dem
"AutoCAD-Whip!-Plugin" bestens dargestellt wurden, werden mit dem neuen
"Express-Viewer" ebenfalls mit der Meldung :" Unbekannter Fehler [.\AdPage.cpp
: CAdPage::Execute : 903] "
quitiert und nach der Bestätigung per Button
nur noch mangelhaft dargestellt.
Der "Express-Viewer" ist zwar ein optisch
ansprechendes Tool - jedoch nicht verbessert in der Funktionsweise gegenüber
dem "AutoCAD-Whip!-Plugin" !

Detlev

Message 4 of 17
brendano

I am also experiencing the same problem as Carolyn.

Is it the way the links are setup? Any ideas?

Please see attached image.
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous

My guess is that we have a bug in the code behind the back / next buttons. "brendano" wrote in message news:25262280.1076548689925.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I am also experiencing the same problem as Carolyn. > > Is it the way the links are setup? Any ideas? > > Please see attached image.
Message 6 of 17
brendano

has there been any progress on this problem?
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous

The bug has been logged. "brendano" wrote in message news:26637593.1078707980809.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > has there been any progress on this problem?
Message 8 of 17
igor1960

The funny thing is that latest code for DWF Toolkit 6.0 as I understand is developed by you and from comments in the code I understand you wrote that sample DwfIOTest -- is it right? At least here are few lines from WriterTest.cpp:
dwfWriter->AddProperty(_T("publisher"), _T("Jeffrey Klug"));
dwfWriter->AddProperty(_T("comments"), _T("Testing Dwf writing API"));

Now, this test produces 4 test files and all of them when loaded into DWF viewer are producing the following message:

Unspecified Error
[.\AdPage.cpp : CAdPage::Execute : 903]

So, my question is:
WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU TESTING???

The funny thing is that 1 original DWF file that comes with your DWF Toolkit ver.6.0 is CAMPUS.DWF located in Samples\Rewrite directory and it is also gives the same error!!!...

Guys, you are more and more reminding me of Microsoft!!!
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Apparently, late in the development cycle for the DWF viewer, the error handling was changed for documents with unrecognized data sections. These types of files will not be produced by AutoCAD, Inventor, nor DWF Writer. Regardless, I have updated the viewer code to handle this data correctly. The DwfIOTest is primarily meant to stress test the DWF toolkit, not the viewer. I did not find the "campus.dwf" file in our distribution. "igor1960" wrote in message news:3462976.1083463579674.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > The funny thing is that latest code for DWF Toolkit 6.0 as I understand is developed by you and from comments in the code I understand you wrote that sample DwfIOTest -- is it right? At least here are few lines from WriterTest.cpp: > dwfWriter->AddProperty(_T("publisher"), _T("Jeffrey Klug")); > dwfWriter->AddProperty(_T("comments"), _T("Testing Dwf writing API")); > > > Now, this test produces 4 test files and all of them when loaded into DWF viewer are producing the following message: > > Unspecified Error > [.\AdPage.cpp : CAdPage::Execute : 903] > > So, my question is: > WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU TESTING??? > > The funny thing is that 1 original DWF file that comes with your DWF Toolkit ver.6.0 is CAMPUS.DWF located in Samples\Rewrite directory and it is also gives the same error!!!... > > Guys, you are more and more reminding me of Microsoft!!!
Message 10 of 17
igor1960

Jeffrey,
Your responce is driving me crazy even more.
So, you can't find "campus.dwf"?
Then do the following -- go to this internet site

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=823771

Download, toolkit written and probably packaged by you to your computer. Unzip it into directory of your choice.
Now, goto the following directory "Samples\Rewrite"... Do you see file "Campus.dwf"?
With all due respect, but did you ever try to load this file into DwfViewer? Did it work? Does it work now?

That's amazing!

Or maybe I'm just one idiot who expect Dwf toolkit to produce Dwf files recognizable by DwfViewer... Maybe purpose of DwfToolkit is something else? Like "stress test" of itself... He

So, explain to me then: what is the purpose of DwfToolkit? How one could use it if it doesn't create files recognizable by DwfViewer?

I'm attaching "Campus.dwf" from distributed by AutoDesk or produced by samples from AutoDesks DwfToolkit v6.0, so you can test if your DwfViewer can read it -- on 3 of my machines with XP, and 2000 all of those files DwfViewer refuced to load it fully and displayed an error. So, check it out...
Message was edited by: igor1960
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous

I have the same problem on my machine with that file. I'll look into it, and if possible fix any issues in the viewer, however please note that the "campus.dwf" you attached was never intended to be distributed. The fact that it's in the Rewrite source directory (and not in some sample drawings directory) indicates to me that it was likely produced by some interim build of the Rewrite sample during the development cycle, but was [unfortunately] not cleaned out before the toolkit was packaged. There are many moving parts in any SWD process. Once in a while we may shear a pin; my apologies, as we continue to remain human. Thank you for your patience and understanding. "igor1960" wrote in message news:2433838.1083733929955.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Jeffrey, > Your responce is driving me crazy even more. > So, you can't find "campus.dwf"? > Then do the following -- go to this internet site > http://www.autodesk.com/cgi-bin/newform_proc.pl/dwftoolkit6 > Download, toolkit written and probably packaged by you to your computer. Unzip it into directory of your choice. > Now, goto the following directory "Samples\Rewrite"... Do you see file "Campus.dwf"? > With all due respect, but did you ever try to load this file into DwfViewer? Did it work? Does it work now? > > That's amazing! > > Or maybe I'm just one idiot who expect Dwf toolkit to produce Dwf files recognizable by DwfViewer... Maybe purpose of DwfToolkit is something else? Like "stress test" of itself... He > > So, explain to me then: what is the purpose of DwfToolkit? How one could use it if it doesn't create files recognizable by DwfViewer? > > I'm attaching "Campus.dwf" from distributed by AutoDesk or produced by samples from AutoDesks DwfToolkit v6.0, so you can test if your DwfViewer can read it -- on 3 of my machines with XP, and 2000 all of those files DwfViewer refuced to load it fully and displayed an error. So, check it out...
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous

The campus.dwf file you attached is a DWF version 00.30 file and was generated by AutoSketch. It does not contain an (EndOfDwf) opcode and therefore this is bad data. It was not generated by the DWF toolkit. The viewer is rightfully choking on this file. However, I have made a modification to the viewer so that it can handle these ostensibly "incomplete" AutoSketch files without complaining. "igor1960" wrote in message news:2433838.1083733929955.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Jeffrey, > Your responce is driving me crazy even more. > So, you can't find "campus.dwf"? > Then do the following -- go to this internet site > http://www.autodesk.com/cgi-bin/newform_proc.pl/dwftoolkit6 > Download, toolkit written and probably packaged by you to your computer. Unzip it into directory of your choice. > Now, goto the following directory "Samples\Rewrite"... Do you see file "Campus.dwf"? > With all due respect, but did you ever try to load this file into DwfViewer? Did it work? Does it work now? > > That's amazing! > > Or maybe I'm just one idiot who expect Dwf toolkit to produce Dwf files recognizable by DwfViewer... Maybe purpose of DwfToolkit is something else? Like "stress test" of itself... He > > So, explain to me then: what is the purpose of DwfToolkit? How one could use it if it doesn't create files recognizable by DwfViewer? > > I'm attaching "Campus.dwf" from distributed by AutoDesk or produced by samples from AutoDesks DwfToolkit v6.0, so you can test if your DwfViewer can read it -- on 3 of my machines with XP, and 2000 all of those files DwfViewer refuced to load it fully and displayed an error. So, check it out...
Message 13 of 17
igor1960

This is becoming laughable: I didn't attach that "bad file" -- it's not my file -- this file is distributed by YOU... I'm just trying to help here....
Anyway, looks like we have different understanding of what DwfToolkit is for: I thought it's suppose to be an SDK for developers to generate Dwf files readable by Dwf viewer...
To you looks like it is something else, which I didn't figure out yet...
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous

As I mentioned, the file that you attached to your email above was incorrectly included in the toolkit by accident. I also indicated in a subsequent post that the file in question was not generated by the DWF toolkit but by AutoSketch (which didn't use the DWF toolkit). I recall having tested that "bad data" case while working on the rewrite sample, and apparently I didn't purge that erroneous file before creating the toolkit distribution. My mistake, my apologies. We had initially decided that drawings containing bad data (even some Autodesk applications), would be near impossible to support; however, after our exchange above, I have added code to the DWF viewer to accomodate the specific AutoSketch missing (EndOfDwf) opcode anomaly. The next version of the viewer will open the file without complaint. Your assumption as to the nature of the DWF toolkit is correct. I'm happy that I could explain these issues to you to alleviate your confusion, and yet there's so much more I'd like to say. "igor1960" wrote in message news:2814446.1083815407351.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > This is becoming laughable: I didn't attach that "bad file" -- it's not my file -- this file is distributed by YOU... I'm just trying to help here.... > Anyway, looks like we have different understanding of what DwfToolkit is for: I thought it's suppose to be an SDK for developers to generate Dwf files readable by Dwf viewer... > To you looks like it is something else, which I didn't figure out yet...
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous

If only your name was Francis, I could say "Lighten up, Francis." :-) The DWF toolkit is a free SDK, produced AS-IS with no guarantees. Have you read the license agreement that accompanies the distribution? While the SDK is used internally by many Autodesk products, and thus it receives testing indirectly by its internal use, the public release of the SDK is practically unsupported by Autodesk, and as such they do not typically fund resources to thoroughly QA or document the SDK. These tasks are typically left to the developer, in this case, Jeffrey Klug -likely the architect, tech writer, developer, tester, and de-facto support resource for the DWF SDK. (He doubtless also has several other projects to which he is assigned.) The real problem is that the AutoSketch generated DWF file got included in the distribution. Shame on them for that. But that is where the shame ends. It seems to me that Autodesk has gone beyond the mark in trying to address your concerns. They have addressed all of the issues you raised, written code to prevent these problems from happening again, and have been very understanding during your insulting attack. Your manner is out of place in what is supposed to be a technical forum that provides "peer to peer" support. When Jeffrey posts to this group, he does so as a peer. He happens to be a really cool peer, because he has inside knowledge, but he is still a peer. One retort might be "Well if they are not going to support it, they should not post it." Autodesk could do that. But I don't think the folks who have been adept enough to benefit from the toolkit would appreciate that approach. "igor1960" wrote in message news:2814446.1083815407351.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > This is becoming laughable: I didn't attach that "bad file" -- it's not my file -- this file is distributed by YOU... I'm just trying to help here.... > Anyway, looks like we have different understanding of what DwfToolkit is for: I thought it's suppose to be an SDK for developers to generate Dwf files readable by Dwf viewer... > To you looks like it is something else, which I didn't figure out yet...
Message 16 of 17
igor1960

And who the heck are you, mister? Jeffs advocate? Or maybe his boss? Does he really need your involvement?...

Take your pill and goto bed...

I've pointed out a problem and Jeff agreed with me. So what's wrong with that? What insult are you talking about? AutoDesk should be thankfull for my involvement...

As to Autodesk addressing my concerns -- none of them really got addressed: just goto Samples\DwfConvert subdir build the sample and try to convert any Dwfs from ver.5.0 or 5.5 to version 6.0 -- it just crashes...

Your involvement in that discussion has no technical ground, because you obviously didn't even try to run any samples from DwfToolkit v6.0...

Whatever interests you have in trying to shut me up -- I really don't care... I would gladly be silent and why not -- SolidWorks is coming anyway...

Have a good night and sleep well, mister...
Message 17 of 17
adagari

Any news re. this problem? We have just reinstalled the last downloadable DWF Viewer but the previous view button always returns the same error (AdPage.cpp : CAdPage::Execute : 903).
We are webmaster of some technical sites and we would like to implement these web sites with your DWF viewer instead of having PDF drawings + DWG zipped files, but it is not so easy to convince clients when they see this kind of bug...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report