DWF Viewer

ca1354
Message 1 of 17 (112 Views)

previous view button returns unspecified error

112 Views, 16 Replies
11-05-2003 01:33 AM
we utilize embedded links within our very complex network diagrams. this allows the user to display top level views with the option of drilling down into related diagrams containing greater detail. some go several layers deep. all are .dwf formated diagrams. after drilling into the linked detail diagrams, the user is unable to return to the previous view by using the previous view button on the tool bar in autodesk express viewer 4. the view must be refreashed by the browser and the user is returned to the top level diagram. the eorror message is "Unspecified error
[.\AdPage.cpp : CAdPage::Execute : 903]".

the back button on the browser returns the user all the way back to first page accessed by the browser during the current session. we previously used whip4 and voloview express 2.01 with no difficulty. is there a fix for this problem?

carolyn
detlev
Message 2 of 17 (112 Views)

Re: previous view button returns unspecified error

12-08-2003 08:51 AM in reply to: ca1354
Wir schlagen uns wohl mit dem selben Problem herum !

Die Mehrzahl von DWF-Dateien (zumeist Landschaftspläne), die wir auf unserer Website (www.kostka-regioplan.de)präsentieren und mit dem "AutoCAD-Whip!-Plugin" bestens dargestellt wurden, werden mit dem neuen "Express-Viewer" ebenfalls mit der Meldung :" Unbekannter Fehler [.\AdPage.cpp : CAdPage::Execute : 903] "
quitiert und nach der Bestätigung per Button nur noch mangelhaft dargestellt.
Der "Express-Viewer" ist zwar ein optisch ansprechendes Tool - jedoch nicht verbessert in der Funktionsweise gegenüber dem "AutoCAD-Whip!-Plugin" !

Detlev
*Autodesk\
Message 3 of 17 (112 Views)

Re:

12-08-2003 03:54 PM in reply to: ca1354
Google translates this as....

We probably strike ourselves with the same problem
around!  The majority of DWF files (mostly landscape plans), which we on
our Website (www.kostka to regioplan.de)
presenting and with the "AutoCAD Whip! Plugin" were represented in the best way,
become with the new "express Viewer" likewise with the message: "  Unknown
quantity error [ \AdPage.cpp:  CAdPage::Execute:  903] "quitiert and
after the confirmation by Button only unsatisfactorily represented.  The
"express Viewer" is an optically responding Tool - however does not improve in
the function mode opposite the "AutoCAD Whip! Plugin"! 

Detlev

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Wir
schlagen uns wohl mit dem selben Problem herum !

Die Mehrzahl von DWF-Dateien (zumeist Landschaftspläne), die wir auf
unserer Website (www.kostka-regioplan.de)präsentieren und mit dem
"AutoCAD-Whip!-Plugin" bestens dargestellt wurden, werden mit dem neuen
"Express-Viewer" ebenfalls mit der Meldung :" Unbekannter Fehler [.\AdPage.cpp
: CAdPage::Execute : 903] "
quitiert und nach der Bestätigung per Button
nur noch mangelhaft dargestellt.
Der "Express-Viewer" ist zwar ein optisch
ansprechendes Tool - jedoch nicht verbessert in der Funktionsweise gegenüber
dem "AutoCAD-Whip!-Plugin" !

Detlev

brendano
Message 4 of 17 (112 Views)

01-11-2004 05:05 PM in reply to: ca1354
I am also experiencing the same problem as Carolyn.

Is it the way the links are setup? Any ideas?

Please see attached image.
*Jeffrey Klug \(Autodesk, Inc.\)
Message 5 of 17 (112 Views)

02-12-2004 11:59 PM in reply to: ca1354
My guess is that we have a bug in the code behind the back / next buttons. "brendano" wrote in message news:25262280.1076548689925.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I am also experiencing the same problem as Carolyn. > > Is it the way the links are setup? Any ideas? > > Please see attached image.
brendano
Message 6 of 17 (112 Views)

03-07-2004 05:05 PM in reply to: ca1354
has there been any progress on this problem?
Message 7 of 17 (112 Views)

03-08-2004 10:02 AM in reply to: ca1354
The bug has been logged. "brendano" wrote in message news:26637593.1078707980809.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > has there been any progress on this problem?
igor1960
Message 8 of 17 (112 Views)

05-01-2004 07:05 PM in reply to: ca1354
The funny thing is that latest code for DWF Toolkit 6.0 as I understand is developed by you and from comments in the code I understand you wrote that sample DwfIOTest -- is it right? At least here are few lines from WriterTest.cpp:
dwfWriter->AddProperty(_T("publisher"), _T("Jeffrey Klug"));
dwfWriter->AddProperty(_T("comments"), _T("Testing Dwf writing API"));

Now, this test produces 4 test files and all of them when loaded into DWF viewer are producing the following message:

Unspecified Error
[.\AdPage.cpp : CAdPage::Execute : 903]

So, my question is:
WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU TESTING???

The funny thing is that 1 original DWF file that comes with your DWF Toolkit ver.6.0 is CAMPUS.DWF located in Samples\Rewrite directory and it is also gives the same error!!!...

Guys, you are more and more reminding me of Microsoft!!!
Message 9 of 17 (112 Views)

05-03-2004 09:40 AM in reply to: ca1354
Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Apparently, late in the development cycle for the DWF viewer, the error handling was changed for documents with unrecognized data sections. These types of files will not be produced by AutoCAD, Inventor, nor DWF Writer. Regardless, I have updated the viewer code to handle this data correctly. The DwfIOTest is primarily meant to stress test the DWF toolkit, not the viewer. I did not find the "campus.dwf" file in our distribution. "igor1960" wrote in message news:3462976.1083463579674.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > The funny thing is that latest code for DWF Toolkit 6.0 as I understand is developed by you and from comments in the code I understand you wrote that sample DwfIOTest -- is it right? At least here are few lines from WriterTest.cpp: > dwfWriter->AddProperty(_T("publisher"), _T("Jeffrey Klug")); > dwfWriter->AddProperty(_T("comments"), _T("Testing Dwf writing API")); > > > Now, this test produces 4 test files and all of them when loaded into DWF viewer are producing the following message: > > Unspecified Error > [.\AdPage.cpp : CAdPage::Execute : 903] > > So, my question is: > WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU TESTING??? > > The funny thing is that 1 original DWF file that comes with your DWF Toolkit ver.6.0 is CAMPUS.DWF located in Samples\Rewrite directory and it is also gives the same error!!!... > > Guys, you are more and more reminding me of Microsoft!!!
igor1960
Message 10 of 17 (112 Views)

05-04-2004 10:09 PM in reply to: ca1354
Jeffrey,
Your responce is driving me crazy even more.
So, you can't find "campus.dwf"?
Then do the following -- go to this internet site

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=823771

Download, toolkit written and probably packaged by you to your computer. Unzip it into directory of your choice.
Now, goto the following directory "Samples\Rewrite"... Do you see file "Campus.dwf"?
With all due respect, but did you ever try to load this file into DwfViewer? Did it work? Does it work now?

That's amazing!

Or maybe I'm just one idiot who expect Dwf toolkit to produce Dwf files recognizable by DwfViewer... Maybe purpose of DwfToolkit is something else? Like "stress test" of itself... He

So, explain to me then: what is the purpose of DwfToolkit? How one could use it if it doesn't create files recognizable by DwfViewer?

I'm attaching "Campus.dwf" from distributed by AutoDesk or produced by samples from AutoDesks DwfToolkit v6.0, so you can test if your DwfViewer can read it -- on 3 of my machines with XP, and 2000 all of those files DwfViewer refuced to load it fully and displayed an error. So, check it out...
Message was edited by: igor1960

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community