Printing from Explorer goes to wrong paper size

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
chris.a.perry
1587 Views, 1 Reply

Printing from Explorer goes to wrong paper size

Design Review 2010 w/hotfixes, HP PCL6 V6.2, WinXP SP3

When printing an A1 size DWF from an Explorer window (right click on DWF file, click Print), the drawing prints on letter size, even though paper size on default printer device is set to 11x17. This issue appears to be consistent among 30 or so computers, and 2 different network printers that all use the above software/printer driver/OS.

Opening the DWF in Design Review, and printing manually from there works fine (but its tedious when you have a hundred drawings to print).

We've seen a similar issue with other software and Xerox printers where upgrading the printer driver corrected the problem, but I also have a comptuer here that uses DWF Viewer 7.2.0.946, with the same printer driver, but prints correctly, suggesting maybe Design Review is the issue this time. However, upgrading to DR 2011 didn't resolve the problem.

Anyone seen this issue with Design Review, and been able to fix it?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hongji.li
in reply to: chris.a.perry

Thank you for your question.

I have logged a bug for this issue into our defect database and I will let you know when we solve it.

I suggest that you can use batch printing when you have lots of files to print. Batch printing allows you to select multiple DWF files from local or network drives and print them all at once. You can even keep those print settings to be used again, saving you time and effort.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Leon Li
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report