DWF Viewer

bfahlin
Message 1 of 4 (89 Views)

LocalFilePath

89 Views, 3 Replies
12-03-2004 11:12 AM
I have embedded the DWF Viewer in an html page. The control name is “AdView”. I am trying to retrieve the LocalFilePath string. I have tried the following, but nothing is returned. Can someone please help?

msgbox AdView.Viewer.LocalFilePath

Thanks…
*John Schmier - Autodesk
Message 2 of 4 (89 Views)

Re: LocalFilePath

12-03-2004 12:45 PM in reply to: bfahlin
Try AdView.SourcePath -- John Schmier Autodesk DWF QA
bfahlin
Message 3 of 4 (89 Views)

12-03-2004 05:55 PM in reply to: bfahlin
I can get the SourcePath no problem, what I need is the LocalFilePath to access the temp file location of files accessed from the web.
*John Schmier - Autodesk
Message 4 of 4 (89 Views)

12-03-2004 09:34 PM in reply to: bfahlin
I don't know if you can get the temp file location from a web page. That would be outside the viewers abilities. You would have too look into native JavaScript or VBScript, but if you can gain access on a html page to the users temp folder, I would think that may be a security issue that would be blocked by the browser. Just my thought. -- John Schmier Autodesk DWF QA

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community