Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding An Object with the ID Property using the Active X Control

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
LRizo
2971 Views, 1 Reply

Finding An Object with the ID Property using the Active X Control

I've got a 3D DWF File that I'm trying to isolate an object in. But the only information I know about the object is its UID value, which matched the Object's ID property. Note that ObjectContent2.get_Obect does not work for me unless I can somehow convert the UID value to that object id value, which is different.

Right now I've got a basic loop that finds the object, which looks something like this:

foreach (IAdObject2 MyObject in MyObjects)
               {
                    foreach (IAdProperty MyObjectProperty in MyObject.Properties)
                    {
                        if (MyObjectProperty.Name == "Id" && MyObjectProperty.Value == RevitDWFGUIDstr)
                        {                            
                            MyObjectsNamedCollection.AddNamedItem(MyObject, RevitDWFGUIDstr);
                            break;
                        }
                    }
                    if (MyObjectsNamedCollection.Count > 0)
                    {
                        break;
                    }
                }

For big models, this nested loop is taking a while. Is there anyway to make this process quicker? I am only looking for 1 kind of object (Doors). Is there someway that I could filter down my objects collection to consist of only Doors? Or any other possible method for trimming down the number of objects that I'm looking at?

Many thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
herbert.he
in reply to: LRizo

Thank you for your question.

Autodesk Design Review currently does not has other APIs supporting your this requirement.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report