Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DwF file not showing in browser

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Arnie
475 Views, 8 Replies

DwF file not showing in browser

I can view my dwf files ok but not when viewing in browser.
Example http://www.swiftlinedesign.co.uk/plans/cullen7.asp
I've tried linking direct to the file with no luck & now I'm trying something I found here by saving as an asp file. But still no good. Please help, I copy code for asp below.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
garysmith
in reply to: Arnie

Hi,

Well, your 'asp version' does indeed display no geometry - although it does seem to load a page (check out the progress bar at the top-left).

However, pasting http://www.swiftlinedesign.co.uk/plans/Cullen%2007.dwf into the browser address box works fine for me..

What errors do you get? Do any DWF's work in your browser? What browser/version are you using? Try some from here (just pick a section - you'll see an array of thumbnails to click on)...

http://www.spiraxsarco.com/cad/product.asp

Regards,
Gary
Message 3 of 9
Arnie

I'm using IE version 6 latest.
The viewer shows & the progress bar loads but then nothing, no file to view.
I can view DWF files in my browser no problem and have seen 1 or 2 of mine in recent past. Yours look great btw & I love your page layout.
I pasted the link in my browser and nothing but the viewer.
I hope it's nothing to do with type of browser as it's going to be a waste of time if most visitors can't view.
Thanks Fonzie
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

There could be a couple of problems here. 1) The web server could use some additional configuration. To see if that may be the problem, upload one of the AutoDesk sample DWF files onto the server at the same location as your other file and change the file name in your ASP page. If the DWF opens fine, the server is configured properly. if not, then you may need to have the dwf mime type added to the web server. 2) The DWF may have some bad data in it causing the download and display to fail when the DWF is on a web server. These types of DWF's load fine when opened from your system, but when streamed from a web server could cause the viewer to hang when opening or crash. If the sample file opens fine on your web site, we may have to look further into the DWF itself to see if there's something wrong with it. -- John Schmier Autodesk DWF QA
Message 5 of 9
Arnie

Thanks, you are right. I added several sample files & linked them up as direct & as ASP and they work perfect.
So can you tell me what's wrong with my DWF files?
I used the ACAD DWG to DWF converter.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

You know what John, I get the same message from his as I get when I try to look at my dwfs on the problem website.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Send me a sample of your DWF john dot schmier at autodesk.com -- John Schmier Autodesk DWF QA
Message 8 of 9
Arnie

Well I don't know why but everything is ok now. The chap that sent me the dwf files sent me some dwg files & I converted these myself using the same program and low and behold...they work perfect.
Thanks everyone for the help.
Message 9 of 9
jebu23

Hello,

It seems we are having the exact same problem with our dwf's. Sample dwfs from Autodesk website display fine. Ours were generated from ADT 3.3 and do not display.

Any idea why? Thanks for any help,

Jade

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report