DWF Viewer

brookfm
Message 1 of 2 (906 Views)

DWF Viewer Control coding

906 Views, 1 Replies
03-29-2010 11:40 AM
Hello,
I hope someone can help me with this as I've found nothing that is helpfull.

I'm trying to get started with using the DWF Viewer to load a DWF file (using VB code) into a simple Microsoft Access report. I insert the DWF Viewer Control into the details section of the report then enter the following code into the Report_Activate event.

Private Sub Report_Activate()
Dim DWFviewer As ExpressViewerDll.IAdECompositeViewer
Set DWFviewer = prod2d.ECompositeViewer
End Sub

This is simply to get started. I will eventually assign a sourcepath using the DWFviewer variable I declared but when I preview the report, it hangs indefinitely. I have to force Microsoft Access closed and restart.

I'm not even sure if that's the right place for that declaration.

Also, what is the right event for me to set the sourcepath and other properties?

I put a simply messagebox into the InitLoadItem event for the DWF Viewer control and the messagebox never shows up.

I have the API help file but it doesn't help me at all. I entered the sample code it has and it hangs the report just as above.

Can someone please help?
brookfm
Message 2 of 2 (906 Views)

Re: DWF Viewer Control coding

03-30-2010 06:56 AM in reply to: brookfm
Here is the basic sample report (Report1). When I go to print preview it, it hangs. I have no idea why as I have followed the API sample code and code from others.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community