DWF Viewer (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the DWF Viewer be used as a simple plugin?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
399 Views, 6 Replies

Can the DWF Viewer be used as a simple plugin?

I have a client who does not have permission to install programs on his user's computers. Is there a way to install the dwf viewer as a simple plugin to IE, or must it install the program in a folder along with everything else?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It's a full application install. The user must have admin rights. "pjwrig" wrote in message news:18254461.1094764933767.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have a client who does not have permission to install programs on his user's computers. Is there a way to install the dwf viewer as a simple plugin to IE, or must it install the program in a folder along with everything else?
Message 3 of 7
s_zimmer

I am in the same situation. We have more than 4000 users of the facilities floor plans and out IT department will not push out an application like this. The Whip plugin worked great for this reason. Any way to identify the plugin part required for IE usage only?

Thanks

Scott Zimmer
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Not at present. "s_zimmer" wrote in message news:7140880.1096315626309.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am in the same situation. We have more than 4000 users of the facilities floor plans and out IT department will not push out an application like this. The Whip plugin worked great for this reason. Any way to identify the plugin part required for IE usage only? > > Thanks > > Scott Zimmer
Message 5 of 7
gstone42

John,
Is there any way that I can download and distribute the DWF viewer to my users from my side of our firewall? Our IT and WEB Dev folks don't have a problem with folks installing the DWF app, but they would rather they install the app from our side of the firewall.

Thank you
Gary
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I went to the download page, clicked on manual download, and was able to download an EXE that can be used for the install. "gstone42" wrote in message news:32244041.1097265625723.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > John, > Is there any way that I can download and distribute the DWF viewer to my > users from my side of our firewall? Our IT and WEB Dev folks don't have a > problem with folks installing the DWF app, but they would rather they > install the app from our side of the firewall. > > Thank you > Gary
Message 7 of 7
gstone42

Scott,
That appears to be it. Thanks..

Gary Stone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report