Constructware Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Constructware Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Constructware topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constructware - Micosoft outlook Add-in

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Rick.Dion
3259 Views, 6 Replies

Constructware - Micosoft outlook Add-in

I downloaded and installed the add-in for outlook so that I can send the outlook emails to the project inbox and outlook crashes when I try to implement the transfer.

Any thoughts?

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
callred
in reply to: Rick.Dion

I haven't crashed anything but it hasn't worked either.  I was prompted to install .net upgrade and did but the action fails and closes Outlook every time I have tried it.  I did not think the documentation was very thorough.  i.e. what should the settings be or what do they represent when you try to customize the email settings within CW Maintenance module?

Message 3 of 7
Rick.Dion

Thanks

I have Outlook 2003 Version at the house and the company computer and I installed on both and it works flawlessly from home and crashes at the office.

Message 4 of 7
callred

I have Outlook 2003 at work.  I'm wondering more about the .net files than the add-in or perhaps what security within our networkt that might be preventing this from working.  But I think I'll try it at home now that you mention it.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 7
Chad-Smith

I've just installed the Outlook addin, but when I tried sending an email to CW I get;

'Test Constructware Email' email could not be added to Constructware.

API service in not enabled for this project.

Where abouts in CW do you 'enable' the API for the project?

Message 6 of 7
Rick.Dion

If you follow this link it provides information on how to activate the API

You will need to have rights that provide you with the customize icon

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/what_snew_cw2012.pdf

Constructware 2012 introduces an Application Programming Interface (API) intended to allow your organization to load emails and their attachments into Constructware more easily. The emails are then stored in Project Organizer > Project Inbox, in a new Email tab.

To enable emails to integrate with your Project Inbox, you will need to enable the API. To do this for your project, go to Project Organizer > Project Inbox, select the Email tab, and click "Customize." Set "Enable API Access" to "Checked." To do this for all projects on your site, make this change in Maintenance > Data Maintenance > Module Customization, for Project Inbox – Email.

While the API is available for integration with any email package, based on surveys of Constructware customers we have also created the

Autodesk® Constructware® Add-In for Microsoft® Outlook® 2003, 2007 and 2010. This Add-In will be available at www.autodesk.com/constructware after Constructware2012 release date.

Message 7 of 7
Chad-Smith

That got it. Thankyou for the directions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report