Constructware Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Constructware Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Constructware topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcement: Autodesk ends development on Constructware

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
bhavens
3234 Views, 8 Replies

Announcement: Autodesk ends development on Constructware

http://www.bdcnetwork.com/blog/1340000734/post/1260044526.html

Anyone heard anything concrete about this?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
matt.wheelis
in reply to: bhavens

The blog post contains a mis-characterization. Autodesk remains committed to customers' use of Constructware - including a new release just last weekend. A response on the blog can be found here:

http://www.bdcnetwork.com/blog/1340000734/post/1260044526.html

We understand that Constructware is important to your business, and again reiterate that we are dedicated to your success.

Matt Wheelis

Sr. Product Manager

AEC Simulation Product Line

Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 9
bhavens

Thanks, Matt. We had been informed that we wouldn't see any major development in the near term, but with current projects extended out to 2013, we were obviously concerned when we saw the blog entry (it's initial title was "Autodesk Pulls the Plug on Constructware").
Message 4 of 9
larryadams

Some additional information.

http://www.specialtypub.com/emailblasts/CT_09_NEWSFLASH_05_Autodesk.htm
Message 5 of 9
matt.wheelis

Hi Larry. As you can see, we’re seeing a lot of hyperbole out there around our plans for Constructware these days.

As you’ve seen us say in other venues:

It is true that, like many other businesses, we’ve had to make some hard decisions during these challenging economic times. It is also true that one of those many decisions has been to scale back our plans for new features and enhancements in the Constructware product.

This does not, however, mean that we are eliminating development of the product, or even in some cases new features or enhancements.

We are in a process of evaluating ongoing customer needs for the product in the context of current circumstances. In fact, we just released an update to Constructware this week that includes enhancements such as new aggregate custom reports, the ability to rename additional modules, and new routing recall options.

I would like to emphasize that we remain committed to our customers’ use of Constructware, that we are dedicated to their success, and will work hard to make sure that our plans for this product are consistent with that.

Message 6 of 9
andre.agar

I've heard about it and I'm currently weighing my options.

Any of you guys heard of e-Builder? They seem to be gaining stride - http://www.e-builder.net/newsroom/releases/2009-eb-7.html

Or any of you know of any other project management software programs out there similiar to Constructware?

Although I like Constructware I'm a bit worried.
Message 7 of 9
tomchildress

If moving off Constructware, I would recommend looking at Skire's Unifier solution. We selected that and they have since become the industry leader. Very flexible and new functionality being added regularly. I have heard of eBuilder but they are still new to the game.
Message 8 of 9

e-Builder has been around for 15 years….hardly new to the game. There are many good tools out there, including Skire, but it depends on how you define industry leader. Each firm has traction in various industry segments. Both have structured workflow, very flexible reporting engines, and cost driven financial summaries that are owner focused. In my experience on another client driven project, e-Builder was implemented and seemed a bit easier to use and configure. I have also run across Proliance but they seem to be a bit behind and way over priced. Any experience with them? I read they were bought out by Trimble and heard that Skire might be looking to sell as well. So far nothing good has come out of the firms that have sold, IMHO. What are you hearing out there?
Message 9 of 9

I've heard about it and I'm currently weighing my options.Nox Vidmate VLC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report