Constructware Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Constructware Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Constructware topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API anytime soon?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
debillin
460 Views, 2 Replies

API anytime soon?

I am working for a company that is looking to automate a notification process that would include Constructware. Is there any plan for an API or is there a way to email items into Constructware?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: debillin

Hi Debillin -

Constructware does offer built-email in notifications as part of the standard solution.

With respect to an API, Constructware does offer a Data Exchange solution that enables you to connect to other systems; if you provide us with more information about what it is you would like to accomplish we can look into how best to solve it.

With respect to emailing into Constructware, you can currently fax in, so you could use eFax or a similar service to print > fax into Constructware today. We are also looking into email-in as a future enhancement (I'm a big proponent of this!).

Thanks,

Steve Williams
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
debillin
in reply to: debillin

I'm surprised that you accept fax submittals but not email. This does not seem like the most efficient method. However, as I see you do offer a Data Exchange, perhaps the goal is to protect the value of this offer.

I was also looking at the help file on importing submittals from an excel spreasheet. I have admin rights to our project, yet I see no "Import" option when in the submittals area. Is this a separate module, and if so, is it part of the Data Exchange offering?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report