Constructware Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Constructware Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Constructware topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you share custom reports?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
boilerron
851 Views, 4 Replies

Would you share custom reports?

If Autodesk would make it possible for us to share custom reports that we create would you be willing to share them?

I've always thought it was a waste that we are all probably creating the same custom reports but not knowing it.

Let me know?

BoilerRon
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jeffmarsh
in reply to: boilerron

I cannot make that decision, but technologically speaking it would be a major challenge as each client has their own "database" so any sharing in reality is not possible. I would suggest that you submit a Constructware Feedback and put it in as a suggestion.
Jeff Marsh
Technical Product Manager, Construction Business Line
AEC Solutions Group

Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
boilerron

It seems to me that there would be a rather simple way to add a button in the custom report area that would publish a custom report from your own site to a common location at Autodesk.com/Constructware. This area could be shared out to users and the custom reports could be viewed using a set of dummy data.

I have made this a constuctware feedback in the past. But alas it has gone nowhere.

BoilerRon

PS - isn't it odd that Constructware comes up as a mis-spelled word in this text box on Autodesk's own website. But for that matter Autodesk show's up as a mis-spelled word as well.
Message 4 of 5
larryadams

We would be happy to share but we only have a couple reports and they are not ready for prime time just yet.

What would be great is a place to see some images of what other users are doing with custom reports. Several years ago when we were using another system, I got a peek at a file of sample reports a sales/support person was collecting from other public agencies. I was able to develop some reports that I probably wouldn't have known were possible otherwise.

I think the same applies to custom templates which we use a lot.
Message 5 of 5
boilerron

Larry the Custom Templates are a great idea as well.

How are you sir. This Ron Ewing from Indianapolis.

Drop me an email: rewing@schmidt-arch.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report