Constructware Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Constructware Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Constructware topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expedtion/Contract Mgr vs C-Ware

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Bob C
767 Views, 3 Replies

Expedtion/Contract Mgr vs C-Ware

Primavera's Expedition and now Contract Manager was one of the first, if not the first, Project Manager Software, and have done a great job marketing to the point that it is "required" of many municipalities, and government agencies for to be used by Construction Mangers as an Agency CM.

I've used both and prefer Constructware, but I'm having a tough time convincing constituents that Constructware is the PM software of the future. I need help in the comparisons of Contract Manager vs Constructware, and success stories of where Constructware is being used in place of Expedition or Contract Manager. Any help here?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
EADOC
in reply to: Bob C

Bob
You may want to check out a comparison of Contract Manager to Constructware as well as a couple other solutions at this site.
http://www.eadocsoftware.com/product/comparison.html
Message 3 of 4

You should look at www.softwareadvice.com -- they have an entire website that provides the pros and cons of different software packages. Software Advice has "customer service consultants" who walk you through the process of narrowing the field of applications by using a phone interview. You can then set up demos with the vendors you're interested in -- Software Advice gets paid by the vendors to provide leads, so the service is free for users.

If you've been using Constructware and like using a web-based solution, you may be shocked by how primitive some of the older client-server applications (e.g., Prolog, Expedition) feel. I have been told that some of these companies position their web-based offerings as "temporary" offerings until they can get the customer to migrate to a client-server app, with all of the hassle and expense that implies.

Check out the newer web-based applications as referenced in EADOCS' post, including products from eBuilder, Procore, and EADOCS. Those companies have been continuously upgrading their applications over the past year, unlike Constructware.

Software needs to be continuously improved to take advantage of new web technologies, advancements in devices (think smartphones like the iPhone and Blackberries, for example). Given the statement from Autodesk that development is "not continuing", it seems fairly obvious that the product is being end-of-lifed.
Message 4 of 4
matt.wheelis
in reply to: Bob C

Constructware development is in fact continuing at Autodesk. For example, there have been 3 feature releases in the past 12 months. As a SaaS offering, Constructware's updates are available to all customers at once, making for a very simple and easily adopted incremental upgrade experience. Thanks everyone!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report