Constructware Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Constructware Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Constructware topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contractor RFIs vs RFIs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
462 Views, 3 Replies

Contractor RFIs vs RFIs

I'm trying to figure out what kind of permissions to give Contractors for RFIs. Whether to give them access to the Contractor RFIs or just give them access to create a formal RFI every time. Can someone help me figure this out one way or another?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Hotpepr1 -

The "Contractor RFIs" area is typically used by General Contractors to give access to Subcontractors to ask questions. You can then process a valid "Contractor RFI" into a live, project RFI.

Depending on your desired workflow, you may simply use the RFI module and choose to hide the Contractor RFI module.

Also take a look at the Help documentation around RFI's; there's a video that walks you through the RFI process. Please do let us know if there's something that isn't working for you or that you're not able to figure out.

Thanks for the question!

Steve Williams
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thank you Steve, we're an Architect firm that would be receiving the RFIs from the Prime Contractor so it seems that it would be okay then just to allow them to use the RFI module directly. I'll check the videos again too, they always seem to help.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Right - give them access to the main RFI module and you should be all set.

Cheers,
Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report