Constructware Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Constructware Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Constructware topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constructware Tips

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
691 Views, 1 Reply

Constructware Tips

Recently, we had a problem with some users that were getting kicked out of CW with login failures and time-outs.

CW help desk figured out the problem - internet shortcuts to the site on the desktop! When the user typed in the address directly, they no longer ran into the problem. I wanted to pass this useful information along to anyone else that may have experienced this.

THANK YOU TECH SUPPORT!! As always, a huge help!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
larryadams
in reply to: Anonymous

I passed this on to a user who was having a big problem and this fixed it.

Here is one in return.

I had trouble exporting reports to excel, Cost-to-Complete reports in particular. The screen would blink but no report or error message. Here is the feedback response.

"Usually this is caused by a certain setting in internet explorer. If you go to Tools/Internet Options/Security/Click on the Custom Level Button/There is setting called "Automatic Prompting for File Downloads", make sure that this setting is set to "Enable". Typically if you are using IE 7 this comes automatically disabled and you don't get prompting to save the exported excel file."

This fixed my problem but I didn't see this setting listed in Help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report