Hello Configurator 360 community –
Autodesk will use this thread to post information about updates to Configurator 360. You can subscribe to this thread to be informed when updates happen.
This thread is closed to comments; if you have any questions about an update, please start a new thread.
For more details about all of these, plus information on defects that were fixed, read on:
1. Design-versions. The basic operation is: you can upload a new version of your design, and the URL remains the same. When you upload a new version, it is NOT automatically available to all users. Instead, you have to explicitly "release" it after you have tested it as an Administrator. Each version is essentially independent of the other versions in the design, so you can do things like adding or removing parameters without affecting earlier versions, or even change an IAM-only design to an IAM-skeleton design. You can have any number of versions of a given design.
To add or manage versions for a particular design, use this button on the Designs page:
On the Manage Versions page, use this button to upload a new version:
Only the Administrator can see unreleased versions (for testing):
When you're ready, select a specific version as the "released" version:
The design's display-name, description and parameters are all settable on a per-version basis. The thumbnails are automatically updated for you.
2. Improved graphic display. After Configurator 360 loads the 3D model into the viewer, it follows that with a more complete rendering of the model. This rendering corresponds to Inventor's "Realistic" viewing mode but without ray-tracing. You will be able to see transparency, textures, threads, decals, and welds. In addition, you will see limited "ambient" shadows. Other non-solid geometry is also displayed, including surface bodies and client graphics. Per-occurrence appearances are respected. Work-geometry and sketches are always disabled from the view. Performance is proportional to the size of the window. This feature also works in the Configurator 360 companion iPad app.
Some samples are shown below. In each case, the initial rendering is on top, the updated rendering is shown on the bottom.
#1. In this example, you can see the use of textures and shadows. The updated rendering corresponds to Inventor's "Realistic" rendering mode, without ray-tracing. Note that textures are rendered slightly differently between Inventor's "shaded" mode and "realistic" mode.
#2. In this example, you can see many aspects of Inventor visualization: The green widget is translucent. There is a decal on the top face of the block. There are threads on the rod and in the hole. The sides of the box have textures, and the one in front is a texture that includes transparency.
#3. This example shows multiple occurrences of the same part, with occurrence-specific appearance-overrides.
3. Settable thumbnail and orientation. As an administrator, you can use the new "camera" button in the upper left corner to create a new thumbnail for your design, exactly as oriented in the viewer at that time. All thumbnails are shown on the new "Image Album" page, which is accessible from the Designs page. The selected thumbnail is also used for the initial camera orientation. In addition, you can upload an external image to use as the thumbnail. In that case, you get the default camera position.
Use this button to grab the current view as a potential thumbnail in the album.
Image Album button:
This is on the Designs page. It takes you to the Image Album page for that design.
Image album page:
Add external images from image album page:
This might be useful if you have actual photographs of the real product.
4. All 2D drawing drawing types are now available: IDW, Inventor DWG, AutoCAD DWG, DWF, DWFx, DXF and 2D PDF. You can upload either Inventor IDW or DWG files, and all of these formats can be available for downloading. On the "Options / Downloads" page, you can select the types you wish to make available:
5. Beta feature: Embedding. This allows you to embed the Configuration page inside your own web page. Only the first phase of this feature is complete, but we can provide instructions to you if you want to experiment with it. Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in using it at this early stage.
Plus a few other things:
Whew! Thanks for reading all the way to the end!
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.
|AutoCAD Land Desktop|
|AutoCAD Plant 3D|
|AutoCAD Raster Design|
|AutoCAD Structural Detailing|