Configurator 360 Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Configurator 360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Configurator 360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View orientation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
p.robson
901 Views, 4 Replies

View orientation

I have a number of part files with non-native base solids, which, when I upload are in a different view orientation. We also have a number of models with embossed text which is not clear to see. Is it possible to;

1) Adjust the view orientation at admin level

2) Adjust view type to shaded with edges at admin level

Regards

Phil

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jon.Balgley
in reply to: p.robson

Thanks for using Configurator 360, and especially thanks for participating in our community forum.  Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to set the view orientation or style.  We'll take this as a request for a future enhancement.

FYI, there are limitations on Inventor embossed features.  The Configurator 360 servers have a very limited number of fonts, and only those fonts can be used.  If this is a problem, please let us know so we can prioritize it properly.

If you're pulling in a non-native base solid with the embossed text already on it, then there's no problem. 

Jon Balgley
Message 3 of 5

Hi Phil,

As Jon mentioned, there currently isn't a way in the admin interface to adjust view orientation. However, there are certain things you can do in Inventor to get the desired effect. You can use the 'Move Bodies' command to rotate the solid bodies and get the 'up' direction aligned with the y-axis. You can then use the 'View Cube' commands to set the home view and the front view.

Sanjay-

Message 4 of 5

Hi.

If i use "Move Bodies" my preview in vault gets upside down.

And my "iso top right" views in my drawings get messed up.

I really dont want to add extra features to my designs just for this. Z is always up (top) in the machining world, maby not in USA. You guys at ADSK should get your things together and have the same standard in every software.

Message 5 of 5

Hi Lennart,

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that the current workaround is not ideal and that Configurator 360 needs to handle this better. We will address this in a future update.

Sanjay-

Sanjay Ramaswamy

Product Manager

Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums