Configurator 360 Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Configurator 360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Configurator 360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model displayed updating

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Marty700
1010 Views, 7 Replies

Model displayed updating

Hello

I have uploaded an iam type model and am having some trouble getting the displayed model to update correctly

Within the iam there are ilogic rules that drive the configuration, it seems that these rules are not always "triggered" to run when some of the selections are updated.

I have set the rules to update on "model parameter change" however when I change a user parameter that is "text" the model doesn't update properly

Is there an easy way to get the model to always update with changes

ALSO to make the configuration quicker can you delay all "loading" or "updating" untill all the variable values have been inputed by the user?

Basically put in all your requirements, then "load" and "update" the model

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sanjay.ramaswamy
in reply to: Marty700

Hi Martyn,

The most common problem with rules not firing in Configurator 360 is the presence of MessageBox calls or some other interactive dialogs. Could you check your code to see if there are any such calls and comment them out? If that doesn't work, could please send in your model to configurator360.support@autodesk.com?

Regarding the delay loading question, have you tried the 'Auto Update' option at the top left corner of the 3D viewer? Do you need something beyond that?

Sanjay-

Message 3 of 8
Marty700

Hello Sanjay

I had a look to see if there were any MessageBox or dialogs, however there wasn't anything that I could see to cause the issue

Think I will send the model into configurator360.support for them to have a look at it

With the delay loading even when you have the "Auto Update" option unticked the configurator still seems to be updating the model in the background each time you change a value, would this be a correct assumption?

Can the Configurator do nothing to the Model until the user is happy with all the input values and then do one update at the end? (Model & Graghics)

Or is this something that I need to build into the Models ilogic rules? maybe use a seperate parameter as a trigger?

My model is just very slow to use at the moment, you do a lot more waiting than actual inputing of data

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
sanjay.ramaswamy

Martyn,

When you uncheck 'Auto Update', the model and graphics do not actually update. There is a minimum update that needs to happen in order to update other parameters (list values, etc.) that are dependent on the parameter being changed. For instance, you might have an iLogic rule that changes the list of available choices of a parameter based on the value of another parameter.

We'll have a look at your model. Thanks for sending.

Sanjay-

Message 5 of 8
Marty700
in reply to: sanjay.ramaswamy

Sanjay

If the config runs through the ilogic rules between selections, and I have rules that update the complete model, could that cause my example to update each time there is a value change? (even when the auto update is un-checked)

Should I look at stoping the model updates I have within ilogic rules?

Thanks

Marty

Message 6 of 8
MjDeck

You could try taking out updates in the iLogic rules, but it might not make much difference. An update won't take very long if the model is already up-to-date.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 8
Marty700

Thanks Mike,

I think I will go through and see if I can limit the updating within the model, just to make as quick as possible

Thanks

Marty

Message 8 of 8
alvanirbs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report