Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MatchMoving and Compositing problem.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
RichardBang
346 Views, 5 Replies

MatchMoving and Compositing problem.

I'm trying to get my skill set up for MatchMoving.

I have a copy of SynthEyes and created a good track of a table top. The proxy geometry stays locked in SynthEyes.

I exported the .xsi from SynthEyes and loaded into XSI7 then placed some new geometry in place (used the SynthEyes guide to get it right). I can scrub through the timeline and the new proxy geometry stays locked in the camera view on top of the rotoscoped background.

However, when I render out the scene (using the imported camera), the perspective is all wonky, and when I load it into AE to composite to the original footage (thats was tracking ok in rotoscope) it is way off. Frame position is fine but perspective is shot.

I checked the aspect ratios and tried using the "Update from camera" setting for the render pass. So the pixel aspect ratio is correct 1.067, the image is the correct size but the rendered output is wrong.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: RichardBang

Try switching from Horizontal to Vertical in the camera properties or the other way around.

I cant remember exactly what it was but it wasnt the default setting.

I had to do this when i was working with syntheys.
Message 3 of 6
RichardBang

Thanks for the suggestion.

The change from veritcal to horizontal is part of the syntheyes docs. Getting that bit wrong stops it working in the rotoscope view as well as the export.

Any other ideas?
Message 4 of 6
adlabac

Check if you have same FPS in Syntheyes and XSI, Also you should check if camera is animated from same frame as your rotoscope starts.

AD
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

..i worked with syntheye and had a perfect match..
tips:
1.check the vertical / horizontal
2.check the main camera preset..to be on pal or n.t.s.c
3.render setting has to be exactly by the camera setting..
4.check if your footage is filed (upper/lower)
5.check that your composting package uses your render and main shot ..with correct pixel aspect ratio and correct frame rate..
...these been the thinks that delayed me from getting result from syntheye and xsi.and nuke..
..if not fixed..and is not a problem..send me your shot..to try it on my pc..and help you better...:)
Message 6 of 6
RichardBang

Thanks for the suggestions guys. It turns out that there was another output format window (why are there so many?) which had the wrong settings. When I changed the last page it worked.

Thanks again for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report