Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FXTree Crashes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
alexyork3d
317 Views, 4 Replies

FXTree Crashes

Hi all,

xp 64, 8GB RAM, QX9650, Ess 6.5 here.

i have quite a complex tree, around 100 nodes or so, around 10 file inputs and lots of comp nodes and CC nodes, mask inputs etc, and concatenated (or just reused) input nodes.

during rendering i'm often able to render perhaps 100 frames of a 750 frame sequence. sometimes however i can only render a few frames before xsi crashes and disappears from the task list completely. sometimes it's more like 10 frames, other times it can be as few as 1 frame before a crash.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
alexyork3d
in reply to: alexyork3d

ive just increased mem limit in compositing preferences to 1024mb instead of default 50mb and it's still crashing.

even more worrying is that FXTree is rendering some 0kb frames at random...

something strange is afoot!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I don't know if you've solved your problem since, but I recommend setting the FxTree image size to about 200 megs and not really that much more. Also, make sure you have free disk space on the temp drive. (the location pointed to by the environment variable %TEMP% at the command line)

What's in the graph and what kind of image size do you have? if it's the memory-related, it could be memory intensive operators like retiming. It's otherwise fairly rare to get crashes, so I have no other suggestion.
Message 4 of 5
alexyork3d

hi,

thanks for getting back to me. the job is finished now but i'll try changing the image size to 200mb for the next project.

thanks
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I used to experience FXTree crashes quite often when I attempted to render relatively simple composites, but in large format (DomeMaster 3200x3200) (XSI 7.0 32bit).
Used to have Image memory size:512, maximum for chaches:80% and 200,400 for Max and Min disk . As soon as I changed maximum for caches to Disabled, my FXTrees render very efficiently with very few stability problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report