Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 compositing enhancements

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
323 Views, 3 Replies

2011 compositing enhancements

Where is it? The Softimage built-in compositor is the same old application from the first or second XSI version release. It was based on some old Avid application (Media Illusion and Matador, if i'm not wrong...) and it still remains the same up till now... There is not any new enhancement in the new 2011 version about compositor-tool... In the AD scenario, Combustion is dead and now Toxik is called Composite and it's bundled with Maya and now with Max. Nothing about Softimage...
(sorry for my bad english language)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I agree with you, the FX Tree is a great compositor, I use a lot, but need some improvements. The way of some things work in ICE, should be worked in the same way in FX Tree, like making and save compounds, different color for different types of data... The layout of ICE is great, with the nodes on the left, dialog box to search, drag n drop... The Render Tree receive some improvements made on ICE, but the FX Tree was forgotten for years.

Cheers.

Paulo C. Duarte
3d Artist
Conspiracao Filmes
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I agree with you, the FX Tree is a great compositor, I use a lot, but need some improvements. The way of some things work in ICE, should be worked in the same way in FX Tree, like making and save compounds, different color for different types of data... The layout of ICE is great, with the nodes on the left, dialog box to search, drag n drop... The Render Tree receive some improvements made on ICE, but the FX Tree was forgotten for years.

Cheers.

Paulo C. Duarte
3d Artist
Conspiracao Filmes

Totally agree.
New improvements to FX-Tree based on ICE workflow would be great and also this is a very "natural evolution" for FX-Tree which it will be more integrated too in Softimage interface and workflow (i.e. similar to SFX-Houdini)! Hope Adsk consider it really.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

PS: If Adsk don't want improve FX-Tree (in my modest opinion it'ld be an error...), i don't understand why Composite is not bundled with Softimage, in comparison to its other 3d-appz as Maya and Max... In another discussion, i was explain my disappoint to some not too much clean decisions of Adsk about to desktop compositing|motion graphics area, as the end of Combustion (it was a very good tool), the shipping of Toxik as standalone package first and now it's the bundled Composite... Probably it's not convenient to Adsk the shipping of motion graphics|compositing desktop application, like Combustion was it, because it'ld be a competitor to its own high-end applications like Flame and Smoke... But this is another discussion.
What will be the Adsk decision for Softimage compositing features? An integrated solution for Softimage too (Composite integration or Fx-Tree improvements), it'ld be very appreciate to all the users substantially...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report