Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selection sets..?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Christoph_Schaedl
243 Views, 2 Replies

selection sets..?

if i select some poly on level0 and create a selection set im able to hide the set via the object list...
but on a higher level nothing get hidden... and if i turn it back on the level0 set will shown..
now level0 and level1 are on the screen at the same time...

do i something wrong..?
----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

can anybody confirm this bug...?
or im the only one..?
----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 3

Hi
I am just figuring out about hiding face selections -- I do it like so.
I make a selection set for the particular level I want to sculpt, usually a higher subdivision level -- this selection set won't be maintained on other levels.
I make a named selection set.
I go into face mode.
Then I used the DISPLAY/HIDE UNSELECTED --- I don't use the eye icon in the object list because it doesn't really seem to do much.

A face selection, as you go up and down the subdivision levels, may not stay consistent, maybe because of face count ... but I just go with what seems to work.
I'd love to see some official info on this topic.

A character with nearly overlapping faces (like area.autodesk.com/forum/Autodesk-Mudbox/gallery-work-in-progress/bradk---octopus-lady/ by BradK) seems to cry out for selection set hiding.

It would be nice to be able to select a set of faces and freeze them without having to paint -- maybe the flood tool can do that, without effecting the whole model?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report