Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

normal map issue

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
191 Views, 0 Replies

normal map issue

Hi Guys,

I have an issue with baking normal maps that for the life of me can't work out, Im hoping I'm just being dopey and there is a very simple explanation.

So I am creating rocks for a game scene, lots of rocks.... I create a cube in Maya with UV's with Normalize collectively and preserve aspect ratio on (default) I apply a smooth, turn it into a soft body, apply turbulance, ( to give it random goodness) delete history and then smooth again.

I then export as an OBJ and open in Mudbox, subdivide about 8 times, create a new layer etc and using a stencil create a detalied rock.

I then bake the Normal Map, when I apply this to my low poly rock I get seams, I have checked in Maya CrazyBump and Xnormal. Now thinking it may be a setting I have tried tweaking for days, with the same end result. see attached.

Anyone any ideas where this is going wrong? It should be very simple but its got me stumped.

cheers
Jon

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report