Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i tried the surface pro 2. here are my thoughts

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
a3dcreator
1104 Views, 2 Replies

i tried the surface pro 2. here are my thoughts

Hi all. Just wanted to help others like me that are wanting to use a portable device for sculpting.

I decided to take the plunge and buy a surface pro 2, so i can sculpt and draw mainly while im relaxing in bed with my wife.

i installed mudbox 2014, zbrush , 3dsmax and 3dcoat.

the device is really nice overall. windows 8 is not so bad. i really wish i could keep it cause of its slim form factor and its cool magnetic slim keyboard. but the major deal breaker and the reason im going to have to return it and get a cintiq companion is.... it has no middle mouse.....

and for the love of my life i tried so hard to remap the button on the pen but it just seems like you just cant do it. there is also a program called artdock that you can supposedly install and will work with the surface pro 2. it has a small touch screen with keys that are mapped for you and your favorite programs.  I could not get that to work either. it has some funky installation procedure.

so there it is. its fine for 2d artists but when it comes to sculpting.... i felt extremeley handycapped not being anle to pan any of the viewports in the programs mentioned above.

i hope this helps someone int the market for a portable sculpting device.

looking forward to receiving my companion next week.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tony.su
in reply to: a3dcreator

Yes, there is no default hotkey for touch screen, but you can define your hotkey for youself.

http://download.autodesk.com/global/docs/mudbox2014/en_us//index.html?url=files/Hotkeys_window.htm,t...

Tony Su
Product Support
Message 3 of 3
a3dcreator
in reply to: tony.su

Hi thanks for your help!!

this is great for mudbox but some of the applications listed above dont have that luxury.

thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report