Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bump map preview error.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
199 Views, 5 Replies

bump map preview error.

I get this error only my imported models.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

What is the error?

Are you using Service Pack 1?

What are your system specs please?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Standart base models no have problem , bump map very smooth looks great.

But i import model then created some maps , only bump get this error , like thresholded.

My model have 8 triangle poly. UV no overlapped.

thanks.

System:
q9450
4gb
9600 gt
Xp pro 64
Sp1
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

area.autodesk.com/forum/Autodesk-Mudbox/my-tips-tutorials-workflows/mudbox-2k9-sp1-normal-map-preview-demo/

Follow through the process above just to double check that each step in the process is correct. Also next thing to check is that your uv's are ok and allocated enough space for the details you are trying to add. (Inlcluding your base mesh sometimes helps as we can all overlook things once in a while.) If its none of these then the investigation continues.

Wayne...
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for reply ,

I understand problem , if model size very little than Mudbox's standart base meshs like a basic head , bump map looks threshold ed or very high depth like a my screen cap.

Mudbox's internal scale tool doesn't work , for example i re size my model to "basic head" scale , I get again this problem.

When I re size to basic head's size my model with modo , then import to mudbox , no problem.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for reply ,

I understand problem , if model size very little than Mudbox's standart base meshs like a basic head , bump map looks threshold ed or very high depth like a my screen cap.

Mudbox's internal scale tool doesn't work , for example i re size my model to "basic head" scale , I get again this problem.

When I re size to basic head's size my model with modo , then import to mudbox , no problem.

When resizing a model in mud export after resizing then import again. This way mud remember the new scale and not the old one.

Wayne...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report