Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool Preset Saving actual Brush Size

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
FalconCrest
834 Views, 5 Replies

Tool Preset Saving actual Brush Size

Can someone verify, when you save a brush it doesn't save the actual brush size ? 

Suppose my brush size is small, I save the tool preset.  I decied I want to smudge, I make the brush size large, I go back to the tool preset, my brush remains large, it doesn't revert back to the small brush size that was saved.  My votes are all used on the Mudbox Feedback room, and I don't want to remove my present votes.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Karen.Snow
in reply to: FalconCrest

You are correct, that this doesn't work the way one would think.

There is a defect logged against this where a size does not save properly when creating a new tool.

Best Regards,

Karen

Karen Snow
Message 3 of 6
FalconCrest
in reply to: Karen.Snow

Thank you for logging Karen.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 6
Karen.Snow
in reply to: FalconCrest

After some further testing, the way you describe the use of the tool is actually by design.

If you would like to have your brush save the size you originally set it to you should go into the brush settings, and under Advanced be sure to check 'Remember Size'

When you have this set, the tool will hold the size you have set it to when clicking on and off the tool.

So, if you set it to 25, then go to another tool and set that to 40 and go back, it will be at 25. However, if you then change it to 30, and click off to another tool and resize, then back to existing tool, it will hold at 30. This lets you adjust the size on that tool, it will remember the last size it was before leaving the tool and will hold that once you return to it.

Cheers,

Karen

Karen Snow
Message 5 of 6
FalconCrest

Ahh, I overlooked that option, thanks 🙂
Message 6 of 6
RobinBall6995

Ah I was coming to see if there was an option to do this exact thing. Thanks Karen.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report