Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symmetry problem after export from MAX

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
199 Views, 4 Replies

Symmetry problem after export from MAX

Hello and sorry if my english isnt the best.

I have problem with all my objects i try to export from 3ds max 9 .I have uvw unwrapped them and i have no overlaps

i export it as a .obj file

then the problems begin.The model looks thesam on both sides,I mirror it in 3ds max and welded the object so its equal in both sides.But my symmetry is fuc.t up.Cant sculpt both sides at thesame time

Whats wrong?? i reset the pivot so it align to center to the object.What more do i need to do??? 😞

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Common someone??

i have tried everything,Reset my pivot,Tried diffrent worldspaces(View,World,Parent,Local,Grid and so on)

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9608/65074970xa8.th.jpg

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5243/36460418lq9.th.jpg
Message 3 of 5
Haeberle

have you tried reset-xform in max before exporting ?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

look at your max veiwport image... this little seahorse's symmetry axis is on the y(green) not x(red). In mudbox you are painting symmetry on the X axis so it seems perfectly reasonable that you are getting the results you are getting. Two solutions either click the "effect object only" button and rotate the model so he is in the correct object space(should look symmetrical in front view if the object has no transforms on it.) Or just select the Y axis for your symmetry tools in Mudbox.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

thanks a million guys!! yes i rotated the model and now it works,What a pain!I have tried to fix this for a long time.Not just this model.Anyway thanks a million guys!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report