Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roads and Slopes on terrain

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
torquemod
852 Views, 2 Replies

Roads and Slopes on terrain

Hey there.

Using Mudbox 2014 I'm wondering if anyone knows of an easy way to adjust the slopes of a terrain (sculpted with sculpt using map) to follow a spline or create a road where the terrain adjusts to it rather than the other way around?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: torquemod

If you use Max you could try this

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/terrain-conformer

Message 3 of 3
MatthewDoyleArt
in reply to: torquemod

In Mudbox, your best tools for this will be to use the flatten brush, to create the base slope for the road, doing this on a separate layer that you can mask out as necessary, and to use the sculpt on curve feature to create the road using a curve. It will take some trial and error, but I think you can achieve the result you want.

Here I simply created a new layer, and drew a curve on it for the road. Then I selected the Flatten brush, with the advanced settings of: Remember Size, Orient to Surface, Update Plane, and Whole Stroke enabled. Finally I right clicked on the curve and chose Stroke on Curve. The example is crude, but shows a possible path to what you need I think.

mudbox_roads.jpg

Matthew Doyle
Technical Marketing Manager

-----------------------------

Area Blog: Game Dev Blog
Watch me on Youtube: Youtube.com/MatthewDoyleArt
Check out some of my work at: MatthewDoyle.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report