Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mudbox won't start

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ORIGINOR2382
2847 Views, 6 Replies

Mudbox won't start

I downloaded the trial of Mudbox which I installed on my workstation. Was very pleased with the software, its ease of use, etc...

I then purchased a license yesterday on my mobile workstation (Dell M6600 with NVIDIA 3000M quadro) Core i7 Extreme, etc...great machine...the installation went on without a hitch, I installed SP1 as well, restarted the machine twice (once after Mudbox installed and a second time after the SP1), my Wacom Intuos 4 was already installed and working well, 3DS Max works just fine, and other non autodesk CAD software up and running...great all set! I tried launching Mudbox and to my dismay nothing happened. I launched Task Manager to see if it didn't want to run, but it was running up a process at over 7GB at which point it crashed my Laptop!

I tried uninstalling, installing, repairing several times, nothing...what gives? I really don't understand...have all the latest fixes, updates, etc...

Please help!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ORIGINOR2382

Try to remove the folder in your C:\users\Yourname\Documents\Mudbox
and restart the application, if that doesnt work, i'm clueless.
Message 3 of 7
ORIGINOR2382
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the post...tried it and...it didn't work 😞 don't know how to fix this one...
Message 4 of 7
AnthonyA

Contact your reseller, see if they have any sugestions.

You should also contact AD support.
Zbrush 4R5, Max 2012 (might switch to Maya soon)
----
Win 7 Pro X64, Q6600 Intel 2.4GHz Quad Core CPU, 6 GB DDR2 RAM
Samsung 400GB SATA int Hard Drive, TOURO 4TB ext Hard Drive
Asus Std Motherboard, Radeon XFX 7950
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hi! just unistall and reinstall an updated version of your graphics drives... that worked for me. Cheers!
Message 6 of 7
mykhel

Thank you Langdon. Worked for me.
Message 7 of 7
lew_ethan

Thanks Langdon! It worked for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report