Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mudbox requires ATI or NVIDIA Graphics - but I have them....

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
4783 Views, 14 Replies

Mudbox requires ATI or NVIDIA Graphics - but I have them....

Hi guys,

I just bought a new computer, put together by a mate of mine, with being a Maya and Mudbox beast being the primary concern.

I am using the student version of both as I am completing my degree, but it should have the full functionality.

Anyways, I go to load up Mudbox for the first time and it gives me this:

"Unsupported Graphics Hardware: Mudbox requires ATI or NVIDIA graphics. Please click on this link: Certified Hardware (http://www.autodesk.com/mudbox-hardware)for more information. Exiting "

Clicking OK kills the app.

Problem is, here are my specs:
CPU/Processor Intel S1155 i7-2600K Quad Core 3.40 GHz, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO, ASUS P8Z68-V Gen3, Corsair Vengeance 1600C9 16GB, Corsair HX-850, CoolerMaster CM 690 II Advanced, Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA3, Intel 120GB SSD, Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

ASUS GeForce GTX NVIDIA 570 DirectCU II - With the latest driver installed.

Does anyone know why this is occurring? Though the Mudbox certified hardware list does not include it, it is still NVIDIA, and my understanding is that it should still load, they just don't guarantee it as having been explicitly tested. I cannot get Mudbox to load, and this is the main reason I needed this souped up computer!

Any help is much appreciated. Has anyone else had this issue?
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
A.Baroody
in reply to: Anonymous

No idea.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous

I did just find another bit of info - I went to the Control Panel-> Hardware and Sound->NVIDIA Control Panel, and I get this error:

NVIDIA Display settings are not available. You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU.

The guy who built it used my other monitor (DELL 4:3) and I currently have connected a DELL 16:9 monitor. Maybe the graphics card is installed but there is some issue that the monitor is not using it correctly?

I have no idea how to tell. I might try the other monitor.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous

Alright, I'm an idiot. It was plugged into the motherboard rather than the graphics card.
Message 5 of 15
alan_uranga

mmm,, I have the same problem...but, I dont understand your solution, how you plug in to the graphic card? help!
Message 6 of 15
junkaphobia
in reply to: alan_uranga

I have the exact same problem and I have everything plugged in correctly with GTX 690 card and latest drivers. I have a new install on Win 7 and have never been able to open it. I have seen this all over the net is anyone fixing this? Capture.JPG

Asrock z77 extreme9 | Intel i7 3770K 3.5 | Win 7 64 bit | (4) EVGA GTX 690 | Apple Cinema Display | LEPA G1600W PSU | 16GB Ram | Storm Trooper Case | Tripp-Lite 1600W UPS | Autodesk Inventor | 3DS Max | Cinema 4D R14 Broadcast
Message 7 of 15
junkaphobia
in reply to: junkaphobia

bump

Asrock z77 extreme9 | Intel i7 3770K 3.5 | Win 7 64 bit | (4) EVGA GTX 690 | Apple Cinema Display | LEPA G1600W PSU | 16GB Ram | Storm Trooper Case | Tripp-Lite 1600W UPS | Autodesk Inventor | 3DS Max | Cinema 4D R14 Broadcast
Message 8 of 15
junkaphobia

bump

Message 9 of 15
junkaphobia

BUMP- The entire community is stumped?

Message 10 of 15
thorncraftb

Hi mate, 

My problem was that there is a monitor connection to the motherboard at the back, as well as two monitor connections at the back to the graphics card. I had one monitor plugged into the motherboard and the other monitor into the graphics card. 

Make sure that the cables are to the graphics card, not the motherboard. Aside from that, I got nothing for ya.

Message 11 of 15
junkaphobia
in reply to: thorncraftb

Thanks at least a comment,
but mine is not connected to the mobo mine is only in the graphics card. So Autodesk does not really get involved in answering here, just let us shell out the dough for their products and leaves it up to other customers to try and help out? This is a sad statement...

Message 12 of 15
AshRavenn

Hello! I have exactly the same problem and I don't think it comes from the plug between my graphic card and the mobo because I have a labtop and I never opened it... Or maybe I should have?

Mudbox is the only Autodesk software that doesn't work, the others I installed run just fine... Plus I got a Nvidia GeForce GTX 765M so it's supposed to be compatible and my labtop is only 1 month aged...

If anybody has a solution or even a suggestion please tell me, I'm desperate!! I really need Mudbox!!

PS : Sorry if I'm not clear, I'm French^^

Message 13 of 15
AshRavenn

After many researches, I finally find the solution thanks to this link : http://pcinfoguy.com/?p=4791

If you have this problem you just have to put Nvidia graphics as the defaut GPU for Mudbox by going into the "manage 3D settings" section of the Nvidia Control Panel.

And now Mudbox is working!! ^^

Message 14 of 15

And if it were a notebook? u.u I'm having the same issue, but I have a dell notebook. Any help?

Message 15 of 15
MakeItOrDieTrying

I had this problem, I found that it was something to do with the WMI (Windows Management Instrument) being disabled. So basically tick that, do a "Restart now" or "Restart later" and it should work, it did for me.

Open 'Run' > type in "msconfig", then press enter > It'll open a window called "System Configuration" > In that window there will be 5 tabs, select the one named "Services" > After doing so a list will appear (DO NOT PLAY IN HERE). > Search for "Windows Management Instrument" > It's probably unticked (hence the problem) > Tick it, press "Ok" then "Restart now" or "Restart later" as the next window will say, and it should work fine and dandy. P.S If you restart later, it'll still take effect without rebooting, but might be different, might not. If it still doesn't open without the reboot, then reboot. 😛

This is the only method I'm discovered, I hope it works. 
Good luck. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report