Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mudbox not responding (mac)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
JJaaSS7
509 Views, 8 Replies

Mudbox not responding (mac)

Hi all.

I'm having an issue with trying to open mudbox. I just installed it to my mac and when I try to start, it doesnt work, and i get a "app not responding, force quit". Does anyone know how to get this fixed?

Thanls

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
medarms
in reply to: JJaaSS7

Have you got the right palttform for it? Make sure its for Mac and not Windows, but I guess you have that right 😉

Also, you can try to reinstall it and make sure you switch off the antivirus program when before reinstalling.

Some suggestions

Message 3 of 9
JJaaSS7
in reply to: medarms

Haha yes i did download the right version. 

Seeing though that it was 2015 maybe there are a few bugs to work out. Would downloading an earlier version like Mudbox 2013 maybe work instead?

Message 4 of 9
medarms

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, you can try to download older verions of Mudbox if you will.

Another question, is your Mac laptop or stationary? Have you tried to reinstall it with virus program disabled?

Message 5 of 9
JJaaSS7

Im sorry for my late reply now haha

Umm, my mac is a macbook pro, non-retina. 

I havent tried installing with anti-virus disabled. 

Message 6 of 9
medarms

Ok, I heard that laptops ain't good for mudbox. I have a Dell laptop and when I runned mudbox in it, it eats up its memory and frezes the computer.

I'm not and mac expert though. Have you tried with installing previous versions?

Message 7 of 9
JJaaSS7

hI again (Sorry for this late reply, ive been busy with uni homework)

So I finally got it figured it out. Turns out the edition I downloaded wasnt compatable with the version of OSX i have installed (Mavericks, which also funny enough has had other problems with other programs). I installed an earlier version of maya before but it did the same, so I uninstalled it and downloaded 2015, and it worked. I did the same with mudbox and its the same.

Thank goodness it now works

Message 8 of 9
JJaaSS7

UPDATE: Its not working anymore. Now I'm pissed off and dont know what to do now

Message 9 of 9
paulkind

Im sorry you are having trouble.  I have just read through the thread and feel your pain.  Unfortunately I am not on a Mac but would like to try and help you out anyhow.  The first thing I would ask is what are the stats of your system.  Mudbox is very resource intensive and many mac laptops simply do not cut the mustard.  Macs are generally very good looking, well designed machines but to do heavy lifting... they are inadequate.  Mudbox requires some heavy lifting.  Anyhow, please do list your computers stats and i will check it against the min requirements for you.

Ill need to know

System

Memory Installed

Processor

If you really want to use mudbox intensively, I can suggest some better laptops that will work better for the task.

Areas of Expertise - MayaLT : Mudbox : 3DS Max : Inventor : Game Dev
Follow me on Twitter : @paulkind3d

Please remember to give kudos freely and mark acceptable answers as solved!

PLEASE do not send me private messages unless asked to do so. If you have a question, start a thread, and ask me on the public forums where answering your question may help others.

Did you know there was a YouTube learning channel for Autodesk Games? New videos are posted regularly with all sorts of content relative to Stingray, Maya/MayaLT, 3DS Max, and other game related tools. Get your game on @ https://www.youtube.com/user/autodeskgameshowtos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report