Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mudbox freezes itself and whole PC on start up.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
draxmusthurt
432 Views, 0 Replies

Mudbox freezes itself and whole PC on start up.

Hello!

Recently bought an SSD drive and re-installed whole PC. Currently I have Windows 8.1 x64 installed. Yesterday I installed Mudbox and strange issues happen.

On old setup, without SSD and before upgrading RAM from 4GB Mudbox worked fine.

First of, my RIG is:

AMD Radeon HD 7850 1GB

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3,2 GHz

12 GB DDR3 RAM

Samsung EVO SSD

All drivers up to date, all other programs (including 3DS Max 2014) and games work perfectly fine without any problems.

My problem is:

More ofthen than not, when I want to start Mudbox, it freezes whole PC and I have to wait a good 30 seconds (sometimes more) without being able to do anything (it's not absolute freeze, but anything responds like after 10 seconds and doesn't work properly at all).

Then Mudbox window pop ups and "welcome" window freezes again, for like 20 - 30 secs. When it finally fully launches, everything is good, but this start up issue is really annoying.

Tried installing both Mudbox 2014 and 2015 versions, both on HDD and SSD and also storage file on HDD/SSD combinations - still no fix. Also tried deleting "Mudbox" folder from my documents, and it seems to resolve problem for like 2-3 launches after deleting (tho it's hard to find out, cause sometimes it just launches without issues), but then problem comes back.

It's really annoying and I really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report