Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mudbox Units

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
568 Views, 4 Replies

Mudbox Units

Hi,

I have Max units set to meters and the same in Mudbox. Everything is fine when I use the 'send to' feature. But if I export an obj from Mudbox and import it into another program its scale is way off. 14 meters is suddenlt 1400 meters. 

Am I just missing something simple here? Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I've always had issues with scale and obj. Can you use fbx instead and see if the problem persists?

- Neil

Message 3 of 5
RobinBall6995
in reply to: Anonymous

I know in Max there's system units and display units. If system units are set to cms, then the scale is the same between Mudbox and Max. If only the display units are set, then this difference can happen. I don't think Mudbox has this distinction between system and display units though.

Which program are you having this difficulty with?
Message 4 of 5

The other thing it might be is the obj file importer in your 3d program might have a scale in it. You can definitely scale in Max on export or import with obj files. I expect you can do the same in other programs.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: RobinBall6995

Thanks for getting back to me lads.

I've changed the system units in Max to cm and the same in Mudbox and it seems to be working. I'm taking obj's in from Geomagic so i'll have to rescale those on import to Max but hopefully that'll run smoothly. 

I tried fbx and obj and both worked well.

Odd how it doesnt work with metres. 

Hopefully it's not an issue now.

Thanks again for that!

P

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report