Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mudbox 2015 knife tool serrated?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Odi.et.amo
1139 Views, 5 Replies

Mudbox 2015 knife tool serrated?

Hello everyone,

I am total noob in 3D modelling so please pardon my ignorance but I have an issue. When I try to use knife tool in Mudbox 2015 the result looks "serrated". I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I saw few videos on YouTube and I tried to simulate every setting but with no luck. It's just not a perfect line or valley, it kinda looks like here it good but here it's higher/deeper and stuff. Can you please help me?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Odi.et.amo
in reply to: Odi.et.amo

Sorry, here is a picture for you to see my problem.

Message 3 of 6
RobinBall6995

The resolution is maybe a bit too low. You could also try reducing the stamp spacing on the knife tool.
Message 4 of 6
Odi.et.amo
in reply to: RobinBall6995

Thank you for your answer, but my problem still occurs. it doesn't matter what subdivision level I'm at and the stamp spacing didn't work. It also happens with sculpt and wax tool.

Message 5 of 6
RobinBall6995

Perhaps you have pen pressure driving both size and strength of the tools. I find it easier to control if I make it only drive one or the other. You can find the options under the Advanced rollout on the side panel with the tool selected. I tend to set min size to near the maximum for most tools or min strength to max for the freeze tool and selected others.

You can also turn on Steady Stroke to help draw smoother lines.
Message 6 of 6
Odi.et.amo
in reply to: RobinBall6995

wow sorry for not posting my answer. I tried your solution and it worked for some time but now I am back at the beginning. I tried to max out the min size and the min strenght stays at minimum but the issue still occurs. Where is the buried dog I ask you? 🙂 Well, I'm trying to stay optimistic but it really drives me nuts. (crawling towards Zbrush now)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report