Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Load Texture Files Both

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
max3d2
545 Views, 4 Replies

Failed Load Texture Files Both

I imported a plane from 3dsmax 2012/64 into MudBox 2012/64. The UVs at Level 0 and Level 1 and Level 2 are fine. Exactly where they should be located. But when I move up to Level 3 and up to Level 8.
The UVs get weird. one strip along one side will not correctly display. ???
Also at level I get an error message " Failed to load texture Files Both c:/users/blahblah/Terrain_Color_Diffuse_u1_v2.tga and c:/users/blahblah/Terrain_Color_Diffuse_u1_v2.tga

Level 0 All is Correct

Level 1 Still Correct

Level 2 Correct Again

Level 3 Here's where things go wacky

I know I am a noob with MB but would anyone know a solution to this problem?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
A.Baroody
in reply to: max3d2

hhehe I forgot exactly what causes it but I've seen it before.

Off the top of my head I would suggest checking to see if your uvs are touching the edge of the picture. Mudbox likes to have a 4 pixel bleed, so dont make your uvs touch the full extent of your uv tile.

search these forums i think its been brought up before. Its an easy fix... i just cant remember what causes it 😉 Sorry i'm usually more helpful.
Message 3 of 5
max3d2

I was wrong, This worked a couple of times for me. But it seems that I set the obj export for mudbox preset scale back to 1.0 and tried it again. BUT with one exception! just convert the plane you made in 3DSMAX to a editable poly. The export your terrain OBJ And it works like a charm.
Message 4 of 5
max3d2

Here is what it is supposed to look like. This was my first try using this technique. I am going to add more displacement detail on the rock and cliff areas.

I hope this helps
Randy aka MAX3D2
Message 5 of 5
max3d2

Sorry Imageshack deleted the image.... it was a waste to use Imageshack. If I can find a backup of this one I'll repost it.

Sorry!!!

MAX

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report