Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit Ptex mode?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
749 Views, 3 Replies

Exit Ptex mode?

Hello

I desperately need help. How do I exit Ptex mode on a model so I am back on UV mode. 

The only thing i've read that comes close to answering is assigning a new material to the Ptex mode object, but all this does is creates a new ptex material. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sergimen2001
in reply to: Anonymous

Once upon you have set up a model for Ptex you cannot back to UV painting mode using the generate UVs command in the UVs & Maps menu.

The only way is export your mesh in OBJ or another format that no supports Ptex, import it in MAX and remake the UVs. Or reimport in Mudbox and generate automatically the UVs, again...Unfortunelly the Ptex setup not is easy to revert. is necessary you decide either use UVs or Ptex.

I have an youtube channel for 3D learning, including 3DS MAX and Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sergiomengual

You can leave your questions in my videos comments.
If I can help you with your problem I will response.
Greetings: Sergio.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: sergimen2001

Thank you for confirming, i was starting to figure out that you can not revert back to UV mode in Mudbox

Message 4 of 4
MatthewDoyleArt
in reply to: Anonymous

You can also use the UV & Maps -> Extract Texture Maps -> Transfer Paint Layers in Mudbox to send PTex work to a UV-ed version of your mesh. First, send the lowest subdivision version of your Mesh to Maya/MayaLT/3dsMax and create your UVs. Then reimport that version and transfer the paint layers from your PTex version.

After that, you can also use Mesh -> Transfer Details to get all the subdivision modeling from your PTex version to your UV version.

Matthew Doyle
Technical Marketing Manager

-----------------------------

Area Blog: Game Dev Blog
Watch me on Youtube: Youtube.com/MatthewDoyleArt
Check out some of my work at: MatthewDoyle.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report