Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: No deformable object???

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
blitzmaya
8257 Views, 4 Replies

Error: No deformable object???

Hello, I started playing around with mudbox and so far I love it. I ran into a mesh problem in maya when importing the obj file. I have the original file low mesh I made and a hires mesh from mb in maya, I tried to do a blend shape like the video pixelcg made with the dino. I followed closely and when blending I get an error saying no deformable object select or polygon history not found. What's going on? I been struggling trying to figure how to solve this problem. I even deleted the history on low mesh in maya before exporting as an obj. :confused:

Any help would be appreciated!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: blitzmaya

phuh, I had the same problem and I don't know what is the cause but I when imported obj, I deleted the history of object, optimize scene, save, and then re-open and things were ok...
I don't know if it will help.
However I'd like to hear someone more experienced to say something about this.
Message 3 of 5
blitzmaya

Could it be the version of maya? I mean, I'm running maya7 and in the video that guy had maya 8 or 8.5. I haven't tried optimizing the scene, I'll give it a go and let you know the details.
Message 4 of 5
blitzmaya

Optimizing the scene did not work. Anybody else got a clue? :confused:
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

bah, try duplicating object, deleting the old one, save and re-open...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report