Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
b.bigiel
311 Views, 5 Replies

Display problem

Hi everyone,

Im using mudbox 1.0.7 and i have encountered a problem with the model displaying properly in the viewport. When i make a stroke on the model the surrounding faces dissapear, with the faces on the area being brushed over remaining. Once i rotate the model the faces of the rest of the model pop into place. I try and sculpt again and i get the same problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: b.bigiel

I recently encountered the same problem, didn't find a way to figure it out. I guess the geometry is corrupt or something. I believe I exported the loRes and the hiRes and imported it again, recreating the subD Levels with the exported data. Quite annoying.
Message 3 of 6
b.bigiel

thomasmahler - hey thanks heaps for the quick response. This model displays perfectly in zbrush 3.1 and was used to texture and render. I dont feel it's corrupt geo, due to zbrush being able to accept and display it without any problems.
I wanted to try out mudbox due to the new improvements but im a bit disheartened already and i havent even sculpted yet.

I appreciate your response, thank you.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I remember when I first tried mudbox, I had this annoying problem with the display too; I couldn't see any of the menus.

Eventually, it turned out that my video card's driver's were out of date. I suggest that you check to see if your drivers are up to date. Worked for my menus in February, at any rate.
Message 5 of 6
b.bigiel

DharmaTurtle - Thanks for the advice, i have checked my drivers they are all upto date i am using a ATI Radeon 9250, it's a bit old and might possibly be the problem. Also it's not actually the menu's dissapearing its my geometry.

When i apply a brush stroke onto my surface the faces outside the stroke dissapear, leaving only the faces where the stroke is being applied. When i rotate my model the rest of the faces pop back into place. see my image attached ( the menus are not there because i cropped them out in photoshop).

It doesn't always happen, however it happens enough for me to stop using mudbox. I really would love to solve the issue.

Any advice or troubleshooting would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks again DharamTurtle for the comment.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hm. An old video card shouldn't be a problem. Mudbox relies much more on the processor than the graphics card to show the mesh. It just turned out for me that the drivers were screwing up the GUI.

Perhaps there's something wrong with your file itself? Did you import it from somewhere else as an OBJ or BIO? If you did, you might want to try creating a whole new object from within Mudbox. From the toolbar, go to Create>Mesh>Basic Head and screw around with that.

Also, does it still mess up after you subdivide your mesh? Or create a new layer? What happens when you change the material? How much did you play around with the settings? So yeah, none of these are a fix, are just ideas for you to experiment with to find the extent of this bug.

I'm surprised that no one else has spoken up. This sounds like a major error, and should have been encountered before.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report