Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable the Image Plane?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3954 Views, 5 Replies

Disable the Image Plane?

Is there any way to disable the image plane?

I created an image plane on the perspective camera, and can't seem to find a way to remove it now that it is no longer needed. I hope this is something easily remedied and rather obvious which I have overlooked... any thoughts?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
whirlwind123
in reply to: Anonymous

I just set the visibility to zero, I couldnt find an actual setting to remove it but its good enough.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

In the update the eye icon will toggle the visibility of the image plane.

The E key + the mouse buttons control the transformations on the plane.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks Skycastle, the eye thing was what I was after...that does the job of hiding the image plane...

Unfortunately, even if i reduced the visibility to zero, I'd still get an annoying grey box where the Image Plane should be...not sure if that is a software bug or my video card (FireGL 5200)...

I'm somewhat befuddled as to why mudbox does not allow you to completely remove an image palne after one has been assigned....would seem that after you've assigned an image plane to a camera, you can only toggle its visibility or change it to a different image?

thanks again!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Download and install the new Service Pack 1 version of Mudbox. Try the eye icon to toggle the Image Plane visibility. Does it work for you? It should 100% go away. You do not need to set visibility to zero.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Sorry I think you misunderstood... The eye icon toggle works! i was just wittering on about how you should be able to completely remove an image plane from a camera, rather than just disable it...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report