Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clone geometry

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
medarms
449 Views, 3 Replies

Clone geometry

Hello forum

I'm creating High res cliffs to my Unity 3D level. I have created cliff sections and done sculpting one section. Now I want to save time by cloning one cliff sections geometry to another section to save time.

I'm aware of the clone brush in the paint tab, but its for paint only. Now is there any way you can clone or transfer part of one mesh to another.

I have an image describing it more.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Griffs
in reply to: medarms

Hi,

Not sure if you can clone mesh detail but if you created a low-poly mesh and extracted the detail from the hi-poly as a normal map then you could clone the normal map detail to another mesh. It would need UV's of course.

P

Message 3 of 4
MatthewDoyleArt
in reply to: medarms

Your best bet here is to either clone the entire peice of sculpted geometry, then modify the base mesh to match the target, or to create a VDM of your model's geometry then use that VDM to transfer those details to the other mesh using the scupt brush. If you need help figuring out specifics on either method, just let me know and I can come up with a little walkthrough.

Matthew Doyle
Technical Marketing Manager

-----------------------------

Area Blog: Game Dev Blog
Watch me on Youtube: Youtube.com/MatthewDoyleArt
Check out some of my work at: MatthewDoyle.com
Message 4 of 4
medarms
in reply to: MatthewDoyleArt

Alright, thanx for the help. I see what i can do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report