Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't paint models properly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
aliwengler
1969 Views, 3 Replies

Can't paint models properly

Hi,

I'm new here and in need of some advice.

As part of my college course, I've been learning how to use programs like 3DsMax and Mudbox. I get on well with both (I'm also learning about Maya as we speak), but as I'm still new to 3D modelling/animation, I've been running into many mishaps along the way.

One big problem I'm having at the moment is trying to get my 3DsMax character models to work in Mudbox. Although I've fully UV unwrapped them and can sculpt them fine, I keep getting the same error messages again and again and it won't let me paint my models properly (in the pic I've attached, the model's also turned yellow for some reason and won't change). I also keep getting an error message saying that my model's UV set is incomplete and crossing tile boundaries.

I've feel like I've tried everything and I don't know what to do, since I was really hoping to get my models finished by the end of Easter break, since we'll be starting animations soon. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RobinBall6995
in reply to: aliwengler

Show us the UV layout if you can please. That message means the UVs cross the 0-1 boundary in UV space. You can't do that. The whole UV shell needs to be in one or the other UV tile. It's probably just clipping the edge somewhere and can easily be solved by scaling the UVs down a little.
Message 3 of 4
aliwengler

Ok, here's the UV layout. I've only just begun figuring these out.

Message 4 of 4
contact

Cant see anything wrong, maybe you've got some renegade UV-shell that you don't see within UV scope? I'd check it in Maya/equiv software. Open UV texture editor and choose "Layout". Then you can be sure all UV-shells are within the borders.
3D & Animation Teacher
--------------------------------------------------------------------
MSI X79A-GD65, i7, 32gb RAM, Quadro 2000D, SSD-disks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.linkedin...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report