Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Argh!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
89 Views, 3 Replies

Argh!

I've been using MB since it was released but I don't consider myself an expert by any means. But I've been having this issue for quite some time and I can't quite figure it out. I was hoping it was a MB bug but now that I'm using SP1 and still having this issue I believe it's a user error. Can someone take a look at the image and let me know what I'm doing wrong? Do I have the UV set up improperly or something? Am I sculpting too deep in MB?

Thanks
Jesse

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

could be anything with the information presented. are you baking aganst the super low res? what I do to get the most acurate bakes is: I subdivide in the package Im going to render in and bake that aganst my high res... so I bake a highres against a highres. one with deitals added, and one with it smoothed. This way when you render with your subDed mesh in your render package it will be more accurate. Also it could be an issue with your ray distance or settings in your renderer.
Message 3 of 4
companioncube

what does the map look like and what program are you rendering in, like justinoman said, could be anything with what info you've given, even post the mudbox file and what ever 3d package your using file, including the map you baked out from mudbox
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

When you show the image from Mudbox how did the lines get on the edge of the cube? Better yet please post the lowRes cube for us to look at. This would help us help you best.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report