Community Feedback

Distinguished Contributor
jmaeding
Message 1 of 5 (470 Views)

when I reply, the page shows I am repying to a different message

470 Views, 4 Replies
11-29-2012 02:49 PM

I hit reply to a message, and the page is supposed to show the message I am replying to below.

It does not, it shows some other message from the thread.

THis is one of the most time wasting things about this web interface, add the fix to the others requested years ago.

Discussion_Admin
Message 2 of 5 (464 Views)

Re: when I reply, the page shows I am replying to a different message

11-29-2012 03:01 PM in reply to: jmaeding

James,

Sorry you are having issues. Can you give us the thread url you tried to reply to and the browser you were using to help us replicate the issue?

A screen shot would be of great assistance if possable.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

jmaeding
Message 3 of 5 (453 Views)

11-29-2012 05:01 PM in reply to: Discussion_Admin

I think I see the pattern.

If I am not signed in, and hit reply, it first asks me to enter password, then shows the page to make the reply.

It seems to be showing the original message in the thread as the one I am replying to, though the actual post shows up as a reply to the correct one.

Its unfortunate this web interface makes viewing of threads so difficult, when previous interfaces like Outlook express and forte agent made it so convenient. You switch to threaded view on this site, and you get lost as the tree jumps around due to posts expanding. THat alone is making this troubleshooting difficult.

I am on win 7 64 bit, using IE. Probably the same as 90% of users.

Discussion_Admin
Message 4 of 5 (450 Views)

11-29-2012 05:24 PM in reply to: jmaeding

Thanks for pointing that out James. I'll send this up the line for investigation.

Until then this can be avoided by checking the Remember My user ID box along with the Keep Me Signed In box that way you are automatically signed in when entering the discussions

keep me signed in box.JPG

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

jmaeding
Message 5 of 5 (447 Views)

Re: when I reply, the page shows I am repying to a different message

11-29-2012 06:31 PM in reply to: jmaeding

I used to check those boxes, but they have worse bugs.

I start to lose track of what gets fixed when, I forget what the effects were but I will have to try again.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community